Stuck in the Storage Room

James filled in Jessie about what happened. She gasped and quickly ran to find you. You felt a hand on your shoulder.

"Please come with me," Jessie said firmly, her acting making her pass as a guard. A shiver went down your spine and your followed her. You reached James and Meowth, standing in front of a door. Jessie let go of your shoulder and checked behind her to make sure no-one had followed.

"James just told me about how you recognised us. We can't have you spilling our little secrets to your twerpish friends," Jessie grinned.

"I wasn't going to tell them!" you insist, actually telling the truth.

"Loikely story," Meowth snarled, "so yer going to stay in this room, until we let you out."

"We won't let you starve," James said, lightening the mood.

"Now, in," Jessie ordered. You gulped, not wanted to annoy the fiery woman. You knew she could get angry fast.

You enter the room. It was hardly a room! A storage cupboard, with enough room to sleep in, but only because it was completely empty. You swallowed. "Is this a bad time to say I'm claustrophobic?" you ask doubtfully.

"Ugh, there's always something!" Jessie complained, "James, just get in there with her and keep her busy. I don't care, just make sure she doesn't scream for help."

"Wha-?! Jessie, I'm not doing that!" James protested angrily.

"Suck it up, Jimmy! If Jess or I went in there, we'd end up yelling at her!" Meowth said in his whiny voice, "you've got no guts to start a fight!"

"It's decided," Jessie announced. She pushed James into the closet and he almost fell on you.

"H-Hey! HEY! Jessie, lemme out of here! I don't want to-

The door was slammed in James's face, followed by a click of a lock. He knew his teammates wouldn't leave him, at least not forever. You heard some incomprehensible cursing, but it didn't sound very nice. James turned around and looked at you. You redden and sit on the floor with your knees to your chest.

"It's not that squishy in here, is it?" James asked, raising an eyebrow. You blew hair out of your face and look away, mainly because you didn't want to be seen blushing.

You had discovered now, as much as you didn't want to admit it, that you were attracted to the blue-haired criminal. A lot. James huffed and folded his arms. "Honestly! Locking me in here! I didn't even get a say in it! Hmph! It should be Jessie in here, not me!" James grumped.

You were a little hurt that James didn't want to be in there with you. Still, at least you could smell roses. You always though that's what he'd smell like. God, that sounds weird, you thought, am I really smelling James? That sounds disgusting. I'm not purposely doing it. That's his fault he carries flowers everywhere.

And you weren't wrong. James was toying with a rose in his hand, extremely frustrated. You wondered how he had conjured one out of thin air. He eventually sighed and sat down next to you. You immediately panicked, but didn't show it.

"Well, at least I'm not alone," James muttered, anxiously looking around the shadowed room.

"That's nice to think about," you agree.

"I said that out loud?!" James panicked.

"It's not a big deal. Better than what I would have said out loud if we didn't have thoughts," you laugh.

"Suppose so..." James sighed, "what were you going to say?"

"Eh?!" you stutter, looking up at him. Your face was completely red and you knew it. "N-nothing!"

"Um... okay then," James said, noticing you were uncomfortable and breaking eye contact.

You were both silent for a while. Afraid to humiliate yourself, you stayed quiet and picked at the carpet. James put his hand on yours. "Don't pick at it. It's expensive," he scolded. You muttered an apology and waited for him to move his hand. He didn't. You were a bit nervous and not sure what to do, so you just stayed put. After a few minutes of sitting down, you cracked.

"I- um- are you going to move your hand, James?" you ask.

"Eh?" James blinked, then look down. "I'm so sorry, I didn't realise!"

"It's okay, you don't have to apologize," you reassure him, and then quickly change your mind about what you had asked. "You don't have to move it! I just wanted to know if you were going to or not," you clarified.

"Oh," James said, wondering why you had asked in the first place, "okay then!"

Then, with a slight smile, James laced his fingers in yours instead of leaving it on top. He laughed a little when he saw your look of surprise. You looked at his mischievous face, and couldn't help but smile back. His cheeky grin was contagious.