3.

It had been 3 days since our eventful Monday. I had already asked him to not say anything about what happened to the others. He said yes. I told him it wasn't forever, but I wasn't ready for anyone else to know just yet. I didn't even want Suga and Daichi to know, but my slip up assured that they both knew everything.

We walked to school for volleyball. I spent the night at his house again. We hadn't spoken of what happened after my request. We acted like how we normally did. I didn't know how to ask him anything, were we boyfriends, were we still classified as just friends, in between? Everyone else thought we were just friends (with the exceptions of Daichi and Suga), and we didn't confirm it, so we were still just friends, I thought.

We made it to the gym. Of course, those two insects were there already, passing a ball back and forth. Tanaka and Noya were there too, but it was clear that they had just arrived. Tadashi and I set our bags down, and got ready to practice.

"Why do they feel the need to be earlier than everyone by so much time?" I asked Tadashi.

"I don't know. They enjoy practicing?"

"We have plenty of time to practice as it is. Whatever, not my business. I don't care."

We walked over to the court. Kageyama was yelling at Hinata, typical.

"Kageyama, stop yelling at your boyfriend, we all know that's your guys' kink, you don't need to always show it," I said right before he was about to serve the ball. He looked angry as he flustered, and he turned to me.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Yeah, only in your dreams would someone want to date you."

"Huh? You're one to talk! The closest thing to dating you've ever gotten is Yamaguchi."

"Closer than you."

Hinata walked to the net. "What are you two babbling about? I thought we were practicing," he whined.

"Yah, Hinata, go away," Kageyama ordered.

I leaned towards him so I could say something only he could hear. "Yeah, Hinata, go away before Daddy punishes you." I laughed at my own remark a little. It was a stupid thing to do, but come on, that was funny. Kageyama pushed me away from him.

"Yahh, why are you being extra annoying today?"

"Why are you being extra easy to annoy, Your Highness?"

"Go make out with your boyfriend, or something, Tsukishima, you damn annoying ass."

"Maybe I will."

"Anything to get you away from me."

"Kageyama!" Hinata whined. "Give me the ball!"

"Yah!! Hinata, shut up!"

I laughed and turned away from him. "Tadashi, come he- come with me," I laughed. Tadashi got off the bench and followed me out the door.

I sat against the brick wall, still laughing slightly.

"Do you need me?"

"Oh, I just needed Kageyama's only insult be wasted."

"Oh, what did he say?"

"He just told me to make out with you, so as long as we're out here he can think that we are, or he can say we are."

"Okay. We- Just to be clear, uh, we're not actually, right?"

"No."

I stood up and thought about the words that were just spoken. Was that him asking me? Did he want to? But we were in public, and that was a big risk. This dumb boy was giving me anxiety.

"Unless you wanted to," I accidentally said. I looked at him and saw him fluster with my same expression. He looked at the ground.

"No. I mean, I would, I want to, it's not because it's you, I just know it's not a good idea to-"

I did it. I took the risk. I kissed him. And I didn't regret it. I didn't think I would no matter what happened. It only lasted a second or two, but I did it.

"Uhm, I'm just gonna," I mumbled, taking a step. He grabbed my shoulders and kissed me. I opened my eyes wide as I saw someone walk out the door.