Chapter 36 : Party Countdown : Two Hours To Go (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay. Fine, stop being such a baby. I'll come pick you up because the party is in two hours and if you make us late then --"

I tried listening to the rest of Kelly's words, but the husband from the elderly couple had started in my direction. The male holding a small tiny white box. When he was close enough I realized it was a box of band aids.

"Here you go, sweety. Sorry about your toe." He apologized, taking out one of the band aids.

Um... This was weird... 

"How sweet. Thank you, sir." I said with an unsure smile.

Kelly on the other line paused when she noticed I wasn't listening to her. "Cerise, who are you talking to?"

"A guy that just--"

"Is he cute?" She asked, I could practically picture her gushing over the preferably eighty two year old.

Define cute

"Uh, probably back in the day he was." I said, not wanting to offend the old man who just decided to help out my poor toe.

"Huh?" Kelly who was confused as ever said. Moving the phone away from my ear I took the band aid and gave the man another nod indicating that I appreciated his grand gesture. 

"No problem.," He started walking away,"Stay in school." He threw over his shoulder, approaching his buggy that his wife sat in waiting for his arrival.

"Never mind that." I said watching as the man entered the vehicle. He and his wife oddly laughing their heads off.

I wonder what was so funny.

"Anywho, I'm on my way now." And the line went dead.

I went to peel off the white safety paper that was attached to the band aid, but realized there was none. But not only that, but the band aid was already used.

Gross 

So that's what they were laughing about. Why were old people in the twenty first century so mean ?Flicking the used band aid off of my finger I began dusting off my old beige capris. Feeling the back of my pants I realized it was wet. Immediately I directed my attention to where I had been sitting on the sidewalk. It was in fact damp. Thankfully it was a colorless liquid so that assumption went flying out the window.

Please let that be rain.

Yet there were no signs that it was raining. I prayed that it wasn't the poodle who had been waiting for it's owner near the Smile and Shop Mart entrance. Sadly, that prayed didn't go through. I turned away as the white poodle urinated on the nearby plants.

Another Gross 

Deciding not to sit down anywhere and anymore I waited for my partner in crime. Thirty minutes passed by slowly - Yes, I kept count on my watch - and I clapped my hands excitedly when the familiar van pulled up next to the side walk.

"Get in loser." Kelly winked, "We have a party to get ready for."

I grabbed the door handle and got inside the passenger seat, strapping on my seat belt.

"You've been watching Mean Girls, haven't you?"

Kelly put her hands up in defense "Sue me for watching a classic Lindsay Lohan movie."

*

So here I am with a bruised toe and urine stained capris. Life couldn't get any better, could it? 

"Why is your pants wet?" 

I looked at a curious Kelly who had paused from searching her closet for her dress that she bought for the party. 

"Dog pee." I said, pouting like a toddler.

"And you sat in my mom's vehicle with dog pee on your butt?" She blinked, waiting for my answer.

"Hey, doesn't your mother like animals?"

"Yeah, but not when their urine sinks into her seat. When we come back from the sleepover, you're helping me clean that."

"Fine." I grumbled, watching as she went back to searching.

Soon she pulled out the dress that she had bought. She admired it even more than before when she had originally bought it. I never understood Kelly's obsession for clothing. If it could fit me and I was comfortable in it I wore it.

"Where's your dress?"

"Home." I answered as Kelly connected her palm to her forehead and groaned.

"We're going to be late. I just know it."

"Well did you expect me to bring the dress while I was grocery shopping?"

"Okay, okay. I can go get it and bring it back. And by then you should already shower and have your makeup on and hair fixed."

I blinked as if the girl standing before me was talking some foreign language. What did those words even mean? Makeup?

"How about I just come with you?" I asked innocently, watching as she pondered over the thought.

Kelly tilted her head and pouted "We'll just be later. Now go work your magic, urine butt." 

And with that she left. Leaving me with a million questions on my mind. By the time she arrived I'd probably look like Ronald Mcdonald and even his makeup would look better than mine.

My reflection in the mirror stared back at me and I slowly unlocked Kelly's makeup kit. It was as if when it opened a golden light shown out of the box, almost blinding me with the things I've never used before. My eyes scanned the rows of foundation, eyeliner, concealer, blush, lipsticks and other materials. I picked up the makeup brush and it quivered in my hand. 

Here goes nothing. ☠

___________________________________________________________________

Maia Mitchell in the gif above as Kelly 

The party chapter will be next. I couldn't help myself.  I just had to update and trust me the other chapters after this will be longer, but expect them to be published later than these short ones . Thank you to all the amazing people who wished me happy birthday. I really appreciated it :) 

Vote and comment