Let's try to remember who you are

It seems I have met you before.
Your lips don't tell the truth,
That night truth is what you craved more.

***

"Didn't peg Cecily Parker to be a quitter." Romeo smugly said as I faced him.

"What are you talking about?" I confusedly questioned, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Well... we are having dinner. Why would you leave before dinner?"

"Oh I don't know maybe because my date turned out to be your friend?"

"And why does that bother you?" He took a step closer, causing me to take one back. This made the asstronaut smirk. Smugly, he put his hands in his pant pockets.

"Why are you here anyway? Dressed like this?" I tried to change the subject but as the question left my mouth I found myself becoming curious.

The smirk wore off and he turned his head away from me, observing the parking lot. "I have a meeting. You would know if you stay..."

"A meeting? This is gonna be interesting. Fine. We can have dinner."

He extended his hand like a gentleman and I unhesitatingly took it, feeling his skin against mine. For a while I imagined how we would have been if I had lived in New York. In high society. Him taking my hand everywhere and anywhere and I by his side, in expensive dresses and shoes and non-chaotic hair. But I let the image pass. No point in dwelling over what-ifs.

We made our way inside. Ashton was sitting at the same table but Romeo motioned for him to move. We asked for a table for four and finally settled down, I asked the question that had been nagging me ever since I saw Romeo.

"Tell me how did you know where I was?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He shrugged, avoiding my eyes. I pressed on, my jaw set and eyes narrowed.

"I have my ways." He let out, his eyes looking anywhere but at me.

"Who was it? Danny? Cathy? Freya? One of my parents?" I got to the point, knowing he wouldn't know about where I was unless he had asked one of my deceiving relatives.

"No one alright. Just let it go, Juliet!" He sighed, then whispered. "I found you. That's all that matters."

Are you sure about that?

"Juliet...?" Ashton's eyebrows sky-rocketed as he flicked his eyes from me to Romeo.

Then, he settled his gaze on me, neutralized his features, and "He calls you Juliet?" He deadpanned.

"He is right here." Romeo chipped in.

"He or what he calls me is irrelevant." I tried to hide the fact that I was internally panicking. That was a first. Romeo Gibson kept me on my toes and I hated it.

"Sure so you talking about him all the time is also ir-" I slapped a hand on his mouth. Horror-struck, I turned my gaze to Romeo who was looking at me with a thoughtful expression, his eyes glimmered as our eyes made contact. I sucked in a breath.

And then my breathing turned frantic.

Because right outside, sashaying out of her pink Porsche was Ivy Mendoza.

"Hey Romeo," I called, smacking a hand over his on the table. "When you said you had a meeting... who exactly were you meeting here?"

He seemed to understand what I meant by the pressure on his hand. His eyes followed mine to lock on Ivy.