Shots

"Mr. Hudson? Ms. y/l/n? We're ready for you!", a nurse holding a bright red clipboard yells. "C'mon beb.", Chase says nudging my shoulder. I groan under my breath and get up slowly. "You're gonna do great baby.", Chase says in a reassuring tone, rubbing my back. We reach the nurse and she nods at us. "You're in room seven.", she directs us, pointing to a room that has the number seven on it.

Chase grabs my hand, and we walk to the room. My heartrate increases every step I take. "You can do it bubba.", Chase says, rubbing small circles on my thumb. I let out a shaky breath as we get to the door. Chase uses his free hand to knock on the door softly. "Come in.", a feminine voice says. Chase opens the door and we walk in. I can smell the chemicals and I tense up. Chase squeezes my hand, which helps me calm down a bit. "Hey there kiddos.", the nurse says with a smile. She looks to be in her mid 40s. Her brunette hair with lime green highlights made me feel safer for some reason. "Hello ma'am.", Chase responds.

"Is your girlfriend scared of shots?", the nurse asks, noticing my tight grip on Chase's hand. "Yeah.", he says, chuckling. "Is it okay if she sits on my lap while she gets the vaccine?", Chase asks hesitantly. "That's fine sweetie. Just make sure she doesn't move her arm, okay?", the nurse responds. Chase smiles and says, "Thank you Miss.." "Y'all can call me Mindy.", Mindy fills in.

Mindy grabs two needles, and my breath catches again. "You're okay baby.", Chase says, wrapping his arms around me. I hug him back, and start preparing myself. Chase pulls away and looks at me. "Do you want me to go first?", he asks. "Yes please.", i respond quietly. Chase nods and pulls up the sleeve of his shirt. Mindy cleans a spot of his arm with alcohol. "Don't watch it bubs. You'll only scare yourself more.", Chase tells me. I look away quickly as I hear Mindy uncap the needle. I squeeze my eyes tightly and wait for Chase to be done. A few seconds later I feel Chase nudging me. "I'm done bubba. It only hurts for a few seconds, I promise.", he says with a small smile. I let out a shaky breath as Chase sits down, opening his arms.

I sit in his lap nervously, laying my head on his shoulder. It feels a little awkward with Mindy there, but I know it's the only way I'll be able to do this. Chase moves his hand up and down my back in a comforting manner. "You got this bubs.", Chase whispers, pushing his mask down to his chin for a few seconds to plant a soft kiss on my neck. He pulls his mask back up and I turn my head, facing his neck. Mindy cleans my arm, and I tense up. "Relax hun. It'll hurt more if your muscles are tense.", Mindy says, as I hear her grab a needle.

I close my eyes as I feel a small pinch on my right arm. "That's it love. You did it.", Chase says. Tears swell in my eyes from the shock. I've never liked shots. "Hey don't cry.", Chase says softly. "I'll give you two a minute.", Mindy says while leaving. Chase uses his thumb to wipe the tears from my face. He pulls down his mask as well as mine and kisses me softly. "Are you okay?", he asks me after pulling away. "I'm okay bubs.", I say, cuddling into him. "C'mon darling, we can cuddle at home.", Chase says with a sigh. I sigh and get up as well. We leave and Mindy waves at us. I wave goodbye back, and we head to the car.

"I'm proud of you princess.", Chase says, grabbing my hand gently and planting a kiss on it. "Thank you Chase.", I respond with a smile. We drove home with his hand on my thigh, me lost in my thoughts.

A/N hey there babes :) sorry that I haven't been updating :/. I haven't had any motivation. I hope you like this one, but I'm sorry that it ends abruptly :/. I didn't have any ideas for the ending. I love you :)<3