thirty-two

"Happy birthday, dad." I say to his grave. I was dreading this day. I sit down on his grave knowing I was gonna be here for a while.

Owen wanted to come with me, but I told him I'd rather come alone. "I have so much to catch you up on." I loved talking to him here.

"Kyle and I broke up almost a month ago." I can't believe it's almost been a month. It doesn't feel like that.

"I know you liked him. But he wasn't the one for me." I start picking the grass. "I got reunited with Owen." I smile thinking about him.

"He makes me feel special. I really do think he's the one." I then start thinking, which makes me tear up.

I didn't wanna cry. I knew my dad wouldn't want me upset. "I just wish you could've met him." I admit to him.

"You would've loved him, dad. I know it." I talked to my dad for hours. It feels good to catch him up on what's been going on.

As I lay there, my body propped on the headstone, I heard footsteps beside me. I look over to see Cameron.

He gave me a weak smile as I wiped a few tears. "I figured you would be here." Cameron told me. He sat on the ground with me.

"I couldn't miss not seeing dad on his birthday." I tell my brother. He nodded his head as he looked at the headstone.

"It's still strange that he's gone." He admitted. I sniffled as I look at him. "I just hope he's having a blast up there." I wonder.

My dad was always super outgoing. He was the life of the party. My mom always told me how I had his wild personality.

"You know he is. Wherever he is." Cameron thought out loud. We talk for a little, but we both had some things to do.

"Call if you need anything." He informs me. I tell him the same thing as we leave. I go to the house to see Kyle's Bronco sitting there.

When I walk inside, Charlie, and the twins are standing around the counter. They all look at me softly.

"What's going on here?" I ask cautiously walking towards them. "We were making sure you were okay. We know what today is." Kyle told me softly.

It's sweet that Kyle and Theo came to check on me. "I'm doing the best I can. I went to visit him today." I informed them.

"I'll leave you three alone. Call if you need anything, Eren." Charlie smiled. I nodded my head as he walked towards his room.

"How was visiting your dad?" Theo asked as I shrugged. "I caught him up on everything. I spent a few hours there and Cam ended up coming." I smile.

I'm actually happy that Kyle and Theo came. If I was alone, I know I would've been in a slump. We were all sitting on the couch.

We were sitting on the couch, looking through old pictures. I was in the middle as the boys was on either side of me.

This one picture caught my eye. It was from my eighteenth birthday. It was the birthday before I filmed for Julie and the Phantoms.

It was the last birthday he spent with me. I could feel my lip quiver and my eyes were prickling. I could feel the knot in my throat.

"You okay?" Theo asked noticing I was visibly upset. A tear slipped out from my eyes as I wiped it.

"I just fucking miss him." I start to cry. Kyle wraps his arms around me as he pulled me closer.

I cried into his chest as Theo rubbed my back. I know my dad wouldn't want me crying, but I can't help it.

"It's okay, Eren. Just think about how he's not in pain anymore." Kyle soothed. I wipe my eyes as I look at the two.

Kyle kept his arms securely around me. "I'm sorry about that." I apologize. "You don't have to apologize. It's not good to bottle it. Trust me."

Theo was right. I know after his dad passed, he bottled everything in. It took him a while to understand that it's okay to show emotions.

I look over at Kyle to see he had an idea. "What are you thinking?" I ask him. He smiled a little. "Let's invite a few people to go rollerskating."

It was a good idea. My dad always loved rollerskating so it would be fun to do something he loved.

"I'll text the group chat." I tell the twins. I texted the chat and they all agreed. They were all gonna come within an hour.

Charlie comes out of his room to see us on the couch. "Damn looks like I'm early." He joked while making me giggle.

"I'm gonna go get dressed." I announce. I change into a pair of jeans and a yellow top with a rose on it.

I left my hair natural and put light makeup on. I didn't want people seeing my puffy cheeks. After a little bit, everyone started showing up.

Taylor, Charlie, Owen, Jeremy, Carolynn, Booboo, and Savannah. Even Cameron is gonna come with us.

We all get into the separate cars and head towards the roller rink. I already feel so much better. When we get there, it was pretty crowded.

We get inside and lace up our shoes. I loved rollerskating. My dad and I used to do all the time. I look over at Owen to see him struggling.

"Do you know what you're doing?" I ask laughing at him. He looks at me embarrassed. "I was hoping you wouldn't notice."

I smile towards him. I walk towards him and start tying his shoes. "Thank you." He blushed. Most of everyone was already in the rink.

Jeremy and Carolynn were skating together. Booboo, Kyle, and Cameron were together.

Charlie just got in with Taylor while Theo was helping Savannah find balance. Once I get done, I stand back up.

"You ready?" I ask him. He nods his head as he stands up. I walk to the rink and I step in. I look at Owen and he looked worried.

"What's wrong?" I ask him. "I don't know how to roller skate." He nervously laughed. He scratched the back of his neck.

I take his hand into mine and lace our fingers together. "Come on, I'll teach you." He slowly stepped on the rink, almost falling.

"Please don't let me fall." He told me with a worried look. "I'm with you til the end of the line." He visibly relaxed.

I started skating but made sure to not go too fast. I wanted him to get the hang of it first. It took us a couple minutes to lap the rink once.

"You doing okay?" I ask as he nods. By forty minutes he has it down. He still wasn't going fast, but he was making improvement.

He decided to take a break with Savannah knowing she was learning too. "Eren, you wanna actually skate now?" Kyle asked.

I smiled and nodded. Kyle and Theo are good ice skating so they're naturally good at rollerskating.

Kyle, Theo, and I started skating in sync. It felt good to be on skates again.

As I skated, I looked at everyone. It looks like they're all having fun. It made me smile and feel good.

Even though the day started rough, I'm actually having a good time. I'm truly blessed for everyone.

I don't know how I went three years without them.