Ch. 36 - Minnesota Wild

***** 2 weeks later ***** 

Knock, Knock, Knock. 

"Hey Spence! We need to head out if we're gonna make it to the game in time," Rachel said as she knocked on the bathroom door of the hotel room they were staying in.  

The door opened and Spencer was standing there in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt that said Minnesota Wild across his chest. His hair was still wet from the shower and his cologne was a little too strong. 

Rachel coughed and waved the air away with her hand. "Easy there pal. Your cologne is single handedly causing air pollution." 

He laughed and shook his head. "Hey I have to put enough on so it'll last a while. I'm single now so I have to look and smell good for the ladies."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "You're ridiculous." 

They had driven up together and gotten a hotel room with two beds and split the cost of gas and the room.

"Let's go," she said, grabbing Spencer's arm and pulling him towards the door so they could leave. 

Cain had no idea they were coming to the game tonight. She thought it would be cool to surprise him since it had been so long since they had seen each other. 

When they got to the rink they went to Will Call and picked up their tickets and scanned them at the gates to get in before stopping by the concession stand. Spencer bought a huge tub of popcorn, two hot dogs, a candy bar, a huge Coke and a big foam finger that said Minnesota Wild on it.

"Geez Spence. You're lucky you have a fast metabolism," she laughed. She looked at the menu and said, "Can I just get a large bottled water please?"

"You're only getting a water?" Spencer asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yeah, remember Coach has me on a strict diet. None of this food is allowed. That's why I brought my own snacks. It's gonna be slices of green peppers, dehydrated banana slices and a turkey wrap for me."

"Ugh. That sounds terrible. Sucks to be you," Spencer said, taking a big bite of his candy bar and and closing his eyes moaning. She smacked his arm and rolled her eyes.

"Thanks Spence. That's very supportive of you," she laughed. 

"C'mon. Have a bite. I won't tell," he said, holding it out in front of her mouth and she could smell the Snickers.

"No," she said shaking her head and pushing it away. "I'm definitely not gonna cheat on my diet when coach let me out of evening practice today and morning practice tomorrow to come here."

They looked at the row and seat numbers on their tickets and made their way through the stadium to them. They were great seats right in the center where they had a good view of both goals. They took their seats and the stands started filling up pretty fast.

"Wow, these are great seats," Spence said, looking around in awe.

"Yeah, you know, when I called to buy tickets for the game I mentioned that I was Cain Reed's girlfriend and that I was surprising him. The woman knew exactly who I was and told me she's a huge fan of mine and she upgraded our seats to Cain's reserved family section for free. She said each player has a small section reserved for their VIP guests. Wasn't that nice?" 

"Yeah. That's awesome. Man, I can't wait to see coach play as an actual Minnesota Wild," he smiled. "It's crazy to even think about."

Right then a beautiful, tall brunette woman that looked like she was in her twenties sat down next to Spencer. She turned around looking behind her and that's when Rachel noticed she was wearing a Minnesota Wild jersey with the name Reed on the back. It didn't look like the kind you buy from the souvenir shop. It looked like one of Cain's actual, real game jerseys. This woman was wearing his jersey and sitting in his reserved VIP section, and suddenly a jealous, sick feeling hit Rachel's stomach.