28| Wedding

Chapter 28: Wedding (Tristan's POV)

I pulled up at Emma's apartment building, well aware that we were both skipping work tomorrow. Well aware that people would spread rumors. Well aware that I didn't give a fuck. 

It's the night of the rehearsal dinner. Tomorrow, Ashley and my father are getting married. And just ten minutes ago, I spoke to Ashley who was terrified and sounded like she would cry. Luckily, my father was useful for once and calmed her down. 

I'm here to pick up Emma. Because she's my date for tomorrow, she's coming with tonight. I parked the car and grabbed my phone. I was going to call her and tell her I was here, but I thought it would be better if I just went upstairs instead. So, I turned the car off and headed inside. 

Even the security guard greeted me this time. It's safe to say that I've been coming here every single day. I've started picking her up for work too. It's only been five or six days since I came here after her dinner with Adam, but it's become a routine. I stepped into the elevator and headed up to her floor. I made it to her door and rang the doorbell twice. 

"Coming!" I heard her muffled voice. She opened the door, blinking in surprise. "You're here." 

"I'm here," I smiled, stepping back to look at her. 

She looked fucking amazing. 

I took in a shaky breath, bringing my eyes back to her face. 

"Okay?" she asked, looking down at herself. 

I nodded when she looked back at me. "Better than okay. You look beautiful." 

She grinned. 

"Actually, no. You look sexy." She smiled, tucking her hair behind her ear and I realized she only had one earring on. "You still need time?" 

"I just have to put my shoes and earrings on. Come on in." 

I followed her into her room and stood behind her while she stood in front of her vanity, grabbing the second earring. I watched her in the mirror while she pulled it on, clasping it shut. 

She looked at herself in the mirror, ran her fingers through her hair that was pin-straight and parted down the middle. She looked really sexy. And elegant, which is a rare combination. Her eyes met mine in the mirror and she laughed softly, "What?" 

"Let's not go," I said, staring at her. 

"What do you mean?" She turned to look at me, throwing her hair over her shoulders. 

"I mean let's stay right here and have sex till the sun rises." 

She blinked watching me. "Are you serious or are you kidding? I can't tell." 

"I'm dead serious." I pushed myself off the wall and leaned forward, putting my arms on the vanity behind her and trapping her in. 

"Ashley won't be happy," she chuckled, her eyes trailing up and down. "But I would be. You look edible," she smiled, looking up at me. 

"Then let's not go," I sighed, leaning in. 

"It's her wedding, Tristan." 

"That's tomorrow." 

"It's important for her and so are you. We can't not go. Come on." She patted my arm. "Let me put the heels on." I didn't budge and she looked at me expectantly. "You really don't want to go?" 

I nodded. 

"You just said a few days ago that it was too soon." 

"Seeing you, I'm changing my mind. Let's go afterward."