It was immense, with white marble counters and a matching island. I opened one of the cabinets below it and tossed the paper inside into the recycling container.

Andrew sat down on one of the stools belonging to the island and placed his elbows on it. Behind him, the casual dining room was surrounded by window panels; that was where we spent most of our time.

"So formal," he murmured to himself, pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket, "Sometimes too formal." I ignored him.

"Why were you looking for me?" I inquired and leaned against the counter behind me.

"Who said I was looking for you?" Andrew smirked and placed the cigarette in his mouth before lighting it, "I didn't know you thought so highly of yourself."

"You knew I was in the dining room, so you were looking for me," I stated, "What is it now?"

"You know me too well," he smiled, "I have a proposition for you." I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head to the side with curiosity.

"What kind of proposition?" I said, "It is probably something simple yet foolish, is it not?" He stood from the seat, chuckling, and walked around the island, stopping right in front of me. "And I already told you to stop smoking inside."

"No, actually," he began, running a hand through his dark hair and neglecting my protests, "I need you to travel with me." My mind went blank, forgetting about the smoke, and my eyes instinctively widened. I had never travelled with Andrew since I had begun working for him, so this was definitely a peculiar proposal.

"I am sorry," I replied, "What?"

"Did I stutter?" he laughed, biting his lip.

"No, you did not," I stated, slowly pulling myself back together, "And where would we be going?"

"It's a business trip," he said, taking a drag out of his cigarette, "To Las Vegas." Not being able to suppress it any longer, a scoff escaped me.

"Las Vegas? For business? Really?" I asked. He nodded.

"I'm planning a huge job," Andrew said, "I need you to come with me; I can't plan this shit alone." I sighed.

"You did not need help planning yesterday's job, did you?" I accused him, "And can you please put that out?"

"Aw, come on," he ruffled my hair, "You can't stay mad at me forever because of a spontaneous robbery."

"Yes, I can," I removed his hand from my head, "But I will not." I looked at him. "I will go."

"It was never an option, love," Andrew smirked, finally putting the cigarette out.

"Stop that," I pointed my finger at him, "I am your-"

"Assistant," he finished for me, "I know, I was the one who hired you." He smiled. "I wasn't intending on you being so serious."

"I am doing my job," I frowned and grabbed my tablet from its charging spot on the counter, "Give me the trip's details so I can plan it accordingly."

"We need to leave in a few days," he stated, "And we will be gone for two weeks; hope that doesn't overlap with any of your affairs."

"It does not," I replied, "I will let Connor know so he can get the jet ready in advance." I snapped my eyes back to Andrew. "What exactly are you going to do in Vegas?"

"The biggest heist of all times," I looked into his eyes, and I swore I could see them sparkling under the natural light coming in from the windows, "I will tell you everything on the flight."