Chapter 3 Humanity

Spending much time in Germany he soon got his eyes open about the Polish horse breeders some used and started to look at an expansion into their bloodlines and a few race horses.

A few meetings back and forth with a few ranches and private breeders he and a promising young man named Jakub Kowalski, who had recently taken over the family business found a liking to one another, in more places than just horses and work.

Carefully they moved into a relationship and Florian spent more and more time in Poland, moving most of his racing horses there as his parents keeper the other things rolling at their ranch, leaving Florian to start fresh with Jakub.

A few backlashes but they soon were steadily on their feets both in life and work.

A year in and Florian got lucky with getting to know one of the language teachers in town nearby, who helped him to learn Polish, as the slow pace Jakub teached him at was frustrating and it would be a nice surprise for Jakub.

Especially later on when he knew he'd asked him to join partnership with him, as marriage was only legalised in Netherlands at the moment.

~~~

Florian catched himself staring at the plain golden and silver rings, a wide smile creeping onto his face, like all the other times he thought about how much he loved Jakub and how they both apparently had the same plan.

"Jakub?" Florian shouted as the front door clicked shut behind him. The smell of his favorite dish wafted through the air.

"Kitchen" came the answer along with the sound of pots and pans.

A quick detour to the washroom to freshen up before Florian made his way to the kitchen. He nervously felt his pocket before composing himself.

"You making my favourite? What's the occasion?" Florian smirked, hugging Jakub from behind, careful not to burn himself on the pan with the sizzling food.

A smirk and a kiss was the only answer, dragging a small whine from Florians lips.

"No need for your puppy eyes, I've been resistant since day one Love" Jakub laughed, rubbing his thumb over Florian's hands on his stomach.

"It's not fair," Florian huffed.

More laughs escaped Jakub. "Life's never fair. But I have you so I don't care about the rest'' Jakub continued smiling lovingly at Florian who blushed.

"I love that I got stuck with you and I love you" Florian smiled. "Even though you're resistant against puppy eyes and tickles. But I love the way you hide when we watch something scary" he smirked, earning a poke in his ribs from his boyfriend.

"Fix the table, foods almost done"

"Oh I love how you tell me such romantical things," Florian laughed.

"I know other romantical stuff you'd love to hear" Jakub only said with a secretive smile.

Dinner went by and the soon stood side by side, washing the dishes in a comfortable silence.

As the last dish was dried Jakub gathered Florian in his arms and smiled nervously, getting a confused, almost worried smile back.

"I love you, and I always will. No matter what people think or say behind our backs or to our faces. I'll always love you and be here for you, even when you get tired of my quirks or when we have our arguments. You know that right?" Jakub said slowly.

"I love you too. You won't lose me, especially not over what someone else thinks we should or shouldn't do. I'm yours just as much as your mine. You're stuck with me until you don't want me anymore, then you're just stuck with my love for you" Florian said lovingly, hugging Jakub tightly before sealing his words with a long kiss.