12. The devil you know - M.

Start from the beginning

Mila smiled back and a thought bloomed in her head.

Maybe this guy is not as crazy as everyone around. Samira and her husband seem to be aware of the situation and actively ignoring it. Awful people, as nice as they appear on the surface.

She smiled again as seductively as she possibly could, hoping that the seduction thing would not have the same effect it had on Erik and make the man stand up and leave. The embarrassment of that moment didn't leave her for days after. 

But this man smiled back and it seemed alluring.

"I am going to the toilet," she said to Erik.

"Michael will come with you."

"I am not going to go with Michael to the toilet! It's just one room away and he is a guy," said Mila annoyed.

"I can go with her," said Charlotte who must have overheard the conversation.

Erik frowned not knowing what to think.

"Yes, I prefer that," said Mila.

"Fine."

Mila walked away with Charlotte following her closely. That was not going as planned.

"I think you can pee on your own. He is overdoing it," said Charlotte.

Mila smiled. Charlotte seemed nice in the end, too bad she was seemingly working for Erik.

The bathroom was as luxurious as the rest of the villa, a mixture of white marble and heavily adorned golden fixtures. Samira and Dahiru seemed to not share Erik's minimal taste. She leaned over the marble sink and looked at herself in the mirror. Her cheeks were pink from the alcohol, still, she seemed to be fine.

The door opened and closed. Mila turned around surprised. The man from before entered the bathroom. He seemed to have understood her intentions.

When the lock clicked under his fingers, Mila started having second thoughts. She might have evaluated the situation wrong.

"I...I didn't think I would find you here and with another's smell all over you. I was waiting for you... For decades."

Okay, he is crazy too. Fuck. Let's see if I can play along and get something out of it.

"Hello, I am Mila. And you?" she asked shily.

"Akin. I am Dahiru's brother."

That explained the familiarity; they shared some features like that smile that now seemed anything but enchanting.

"Akin, let's get away from here," she said and tried to smile. 

"I understand you are in a hurry; I can't wait for us to be together too," he said coming closer and pinning Mila against a wall. He grabbed her wrists and healed them above her head. His grip was very strong, so stiff, and unexpectedly rough. 

"Your smell is so odd, still the most magnificent thing I have smelled all my life," he said inhaling with his face pressed against her hair. After that, Mila could clearly see how his eyes lit up and became bright golden from the dark brown they used to be.

"Jesus Christ," she muttered thinking she was hallucinating, that drugs must have been in the champagne or that she was finally losing it.

The index finger of her right hand started to hurt and when Mila looked at it, she noticed that the strangely shaped scar she had was glowing.

The next thing she acknowledged, was that Akin seemed to not be in control of himself anymore because he squeezed her wrist so strongly bone popped and she cried out in pain.