As If It's Your Last

The gentle summer breeze coming from the open window woke me up. The sun was high. I glanced at the clock on the side table and saw that it was past 10 am. I looked to my side, and saw that I was alone.

Groggily, I stood up from the bed. I was still dressed in my clothes from last night, and I suddenly felt like I needed to take a shower so badly, but I remembered that I didn't have any clothes in Blackpink's apartment. Gosh, I should drive all the way home... But then I remembered that my car was still parked outside of SM's Headquarters. Should I borrow one of the girls' cars?

I heard conversations and laughter outside. The girls must have been there. Slowly, still a little bit dazed, I walked towards the door and opened it.

"There he is! Let's hear it for our hero Kim Yeoni!"

Confused and not fully awake, I was met with the applause and cheers from Jisoo and Rosé, led by my girlfriend Jennie. I couldn't resist smiling. She rushed to hug and kiss me, but then she recoiled, wrinkled her nose and pushed me away.

"Ew... Babe, you stink! Go take a shower!" she said before running away, back to the table.
"Y–Ya..."

The girls laughed out loud, and I slowly laughed as well. I looked up and only then did I realize that the three of them were all sitting around the dining table. Jisoo was wearing an apron over her outfit, her hair tied in a bun, looking like the mother of these two young girls, stooping over a large pot of a boiling, soupy dish. Rosé's eyes were swollen and red, but she looked calm and at peace, sipping a cup of hot black coffee. Jennie, well... Looked like Jennie. Beautiful, cheerful, bubbly... While Lisa was nowhere to be found. I realized that I'd miss these girls so much. They all looked so relaxed in their pajamas, without their makeup.

 They all looked so relaxed in their pajamas, without their makeup

"Good morning, girls..." I said, walking towards them.

The aroma of the dish drew me to them. I was so hungry and was ready to eat, but Jennie stopped me with her outstretched hand, keeping me at bay.

"Ya! Don't come any closer! You'll make the kongnamul-guk bad with your smell!" she yelled, but then grinned wide.
"B... But," I protested.
"Clothes? I went to your apartment earlier and brought some for you," Jisoo said, smiling and nodding towards a suitcase near the sofa.

I noticed that she looked well-rested and happy, and this made me glad.

"We've also picked up your car from SM's HQ, Yeongi," Rosé said, smiling weakly. "You have nothing to worry about."

I smiled, feeling thankful for these girls. They really took care of me.

"Ya!" Jennie stood up and pushed me all the way to the bathroom. "Go now! Quick quick!"

I laughed and obeyed her orders. Jennie handed me a set of clean clothes before kissing my lips and slamming the bathroom door close after I entered. I laughed again, shaking my head, and took a shower.