"You know...what we did earlier? I-I've never done anything like that before. I-I just thought you should know t-that I'm not um, well...experienced."

I pinched the side of my palm as I stumbled over my words and was tempted to bite my tongue as they spilled over.

Why did I say that?

Gods this was so embarrassing. We were having such a nice time in the most serene of places, and I just had to blurt out these thoughts out of nowhere. I didn't even want to know what he was thinking.

"Rose," His voice drew me in, encouraging me to look up at him, although hesitantly. "Baby, that's okay. In fact, that's more than okay, I love that I get to be all your firsts."

My heart fluttered at his words and I squeezed his hand after he gripped my smaller palm.

"I will be honest though....I'm not as pure as my little faerie. When I was a teenager I was reckless and I did a lot of things that I regret," I tried not to show it but it was hard hiding the hurt that anchored my heart to my stomach.

He cupped my cheeks and caressed them gently, almost as if he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"I'm telling you this to be honest, not because I want you thinking negatively about yourself. I know that mind of yours tends to overthink sometimes. Where is all of this even coming from hmm?"

I felt my face heat at how well he knew me, despite us not even spending that much time together. The rasp to his voice and protective lilt to his words also touched me in a way that I've never been before. I suddenly felt rather vulnerable and small under his gaze.

"I don't know...I was just thinking. It's just...you obviously know more about this stuff than me and I...I don't want to disappoint you."

Yes, that was part of it. I definitely wasn't going to tell him that I had this need, this craving to please him—to receive his praise. Something about getting his approval made my tummy flutter, but not meeting his expectations, that made my insides churn.

"Disappoint me?" He appeared genuinely confused at the phrase. "Rose, I'm the only one who should have that fear. I mean, you've met my family," A scoff sounded at their mention, "And I'm obviously not what any parent has in mind for their child's ideal mate—what do I have to offer you besides my name?

I frowned at his words but he shook his head and continued.

"But what I can do is be someone who will care for you, protect you; someone who'll put you over my knee when you need it then worship your body if you let me. You have all the power baby, believe me. So trust me when I say that you could never disappoint me."

I was speechless. Truly and unabashedly so.

Was he real?

How the Gods could pair me with someone so perfect was beyond me. He knew my wants, my needs and my most lewd desires before I even realized they were desires myself.

But I didn't miss the way he spoke about himself; he believed that he wasn't good enough. And for the first time I felt anger towards his family—they had made a beautiful, worthy soul think that he was otherwise.

"Azrael, I care for you deeply, more than I have cared for anyone before. So it hurts me to hear you say that you can't offer me a thing when already you've given me the world."

I grabbed his hand and squeezed it before kissing the back of his knuckles, my lips lightly brushing against the silver of his rings as I peered up at him.

"So trust me when I say that you're everything I could've wanted in a mate. I am proud to be your fated."

The daemon purred, either at my touch or my words I didn't know. But I smiled at the sound and wrapped my arms around his muscular torso, noting his softened expression when I rested my chin on his chest and looked up at him.

His jaw twitched and he brought his thumb down to caress my cheek, letting it brush over my lips as I peered up at him from under my lashes. My eyes fluttered closed, relishing in his gentle touch, but then they flew open in surprise when the digit was suddenly in my mouth and pressing against my tongue; I whispered, my mouth full and my skin hot at the intrusion.

"You're mine, aren't you little faerie?" His words were more of a hum as he seemed transfixed on memorizing every inch of my face in that moment. "Suck"

Without hesitation I pursed my lips around the digit and did as he said, adding the use of my tongue to swirl and draw in his finger.

The answer to his question was obvious but I knew that he just wanted to hear me say it. My verbal affirmation and his current position over me was his way of confirming that my words were true and held meaning. I was sealing my fate with this man and there was not a single bone in my body that was scared to do so.

His thumb slipped out of my mouth and he wiped the wetness along my bottom pout, giving me a chance to answer.

"I'm yours daddy."