"Daddy stop!" I laughed, tears brought to my eyes at the torture.

Azrael reluctantly stopped his movements and lifted his fingers to wipe the wetness from my cheeks.

"See? I'm funny."

My cheeks were hot and my jaw sore as I stared exasperatedly at the tall man. I felt him push my pink curls out of my face, probably since the untameable mane had become displaced in my struggle; I didn't even want to think about what it looked like right now.

"There you are." He murmured once he was satisfied.

His index finger nudged my chin upwards, and a chaste kiss was placed on each cheek, my nose, then finally my lips.

I whimpered as the contact was short-lived, but an amused rumble of his chest had me rolling my lips together in embarrassment and hiding my face in his neck.

"Don't hide from me pretty girl. Look, don't you want to see what we came here for?"

I paused for a moment, only just realizing that he had stopped walking.

My previous shyness was quickly forgotten and I was instantly looking up, turning my head and flitting my eyes around my surroundings.

Although it wasn't hard to miss the flurry of light, a rainbow mosaic of colour, that appeared to be perched on trees and leaves creating a beautiful display.

My lips could only part open in shock, my brain and mouth completely disconnected as I failed to come up with words to use in this mesmerizing moment.

I wiggled my way out of Azrael's arms, disregarding the light growl of protest at my absence.

"I've never seen anything like it..." I breathed. The soles of my feet pressed into the cool earth as I took slow steps towards one of the tiny lights.

"They're known as lunamas but I just call them moon bugs. They usually come out here every fortnight."

A/N: Pls they're literally just fireflies don't mind me trying to be creative 👁👄👁

Azrael appeared behind me and slowly outstretched his hand so that his finger could make contact with the leaf that one of the moon bugs was resting on. 

To my surprise it jumped onto his digit and my lashes fluttered in awe as he held the shiny green creature in front of my face.

A slight pout found my lips as the green light quickly flew away and my eyes flickered up to look at my mate's pretty face that was tilted down towards me.

"How did you find them?"

"By accident, really. I was just walking around one night, trying to clear my head. That's when I saw the lights. Everything in Avernus is dull and shadowed. But this little opening in the forest, it was different; I'd never seen so much colour.

"I don't even think anyone else knows they're here."

I smiled and stepped closer to the taller man, placing my hand on his clothed chest.

"Thank you for bringing me here. I know how special thinking spots are, I have one back home too. Maybe I could take you there sometime, I think you would like it—there's plenty of colour for you to see."

Azrael grinned and pulled me flush against his chest.

"I think I would like that too."

I bit my lip after a moment of his staring and averted my eyes to my fingers that I was fiddling with as a mindless distraction.