He nodded, "Pleasure to meet you both,"

I looked at him, "What are you doing here?"

He took his arm off my shoulder and sat in the trunk of the car, rocking his legs back and forth. He had the same cheeky smile on his face that I've found just downright adorable since I've met him.

"I can't say bye to my best friend?" He asked.

Before I could joke to him about me being his "best friend", Leah cut in.

"Hey, buddy. We're her best friends. She doesn't need anymore." She huffed, a teasing smile on her face.

Hamza's eyebrow cocked up, a smile on his face, "Then what am I?"

Julia spoke up, "The guy who's madly in love with her, but can't get any closer cause her best friends are stuck up and picky."

My eyes widened and I looked at Hamza who let out a loud laugh. I watched as he jumped off the trunk, landing on the ground on his feet.

"I think Eden's the one who's madly in love with me," He said.

My cheeks flamed red and I rolled, punching him softly on the arm. He started to walk away but turned around.

"Call me when you get there," He said, winking.

I nodded, waving at him as he walked back into his house. I turned to Julia and Leah, but before I could say anything, our parents started walking over to us, ready to part ways.

Leah glared at me, playfully, "We will talk about this."

My eyes widened and I focused on Julia and Leah saying goodbye to their families. Julia and Leah would be coming with my parents and me to drop us off at the airport. I watched as tears stung Julia's mom's eyes as she strangled Julia with a hug. Julia had a sad smile on her face as she pulled back.

"Call us every day," Her mom pointed at her. She nodded and turned to Jenny and glared at her playfully.

"Can I have that tube of lip gloss you never use?" Jenny asked, smilingly.

Julia shrugged, "Sure, but only the clear one!"

Jenny rolled her eyes, nodding, and wrapped her sister in a hug. My eyes trailed to Leah's family and I smiled softly.

Her dad had Leah's shoulders in her hand, it looked like she was telling her something important. I looked to Leah who had an annoyed smile on her face. Her mom was watching them, a tearful smile on her face.

"Make sure you don't hang around weird kids, like Yale-bound kids." She shivered in disgust. My eyes widened in amusement as I climbed into the car with Mom, Dad, and Leah. It was awkwardly quiet in here and I took a seat, looking back at Lydia in her booster seat. She was sitting alone in the last row to which she was probably mad at.

"What's going on between them right now?" I whispered.

She shrugged, "Mom started grumbling to herself when he sat down in the driver seat."

I nodded and turned back around. Eventually, Leah and Julia climbed into the car and took their seats. Leah wanted to sit in the back with Lydia which made her really happy and Julia sat next to me.

As soon as everyone was sitting down and buckled, dad pulled out of the driveway, waving at Leah and Julia's parents. We then made our way to the airport.

-

We pulled up to the airport's departure area that was bustling with travelers and families saying their goodbyes. Everyone climbed out of the car and started placing the suitcases on little trolleys. Once everything was put where it was supposed to be, my mom got a call.