In which one dances with another

"Reg, are you kissing that meatball sub?"

The phantoms had sat together, rapidly shoving there faces with food. Jess mainly aimed for the pizza while the others spread out, eating the variety.

"It's what you do with the things you love."

"I take it you're all enjoying the feast?" Caleb stated, entering before the crowd. "So many delicious sights, so many tantalizing sounds. But... your eyes still hunger for more. Something sweet. Something... savory. How many newcomers do we have in the club tonight?

The boys hands shot up while Jess raised her hand awkwardly.

"Ladies... let's show our guests how we do dessert. A one, two, three, four!"

♪ Shoo bada papa roo bada bada ♪

♪ Hey, um bum bum bum bum baram, hey! ♪

♪ Shoo bada papa roo bada bada ♪

Jess watched as dancers dragged off Reggie and Luke, yelping slightly in surprise when she got dragged out to dance to.

♪ Hey, um bum bum bum bum baram, hey! ♪

♪ Arum bum, arum bum ♪
♪ Hey! Hey! ♪

♪ Scoo bi doo bap bap ♪
♪ Hey! ♪

Jess looked around the room, trying to find one person in particular. What she didn't expect is the slight sinking feeling in her stomach at the sight of him dancing with one of the club dancers.

"Excuse me" Jess said squirming out of her dance partners arms and walking back over to her table.

♪ Bap bap ♪
♪ Hey! ♪

♪ Watch me make a move
Watch me make a move, yeah ♪

"Hey Jess" Alex said.

Jess smiled and sat down on the tip of there table.

"Why aren't you dancing?"

Jess shrugged looking down. Alex let his eyes glance around before letting out a noise of slight realization.

"Jess?"

Jess looked at her friend.

"You are fucking clueless. I love you. But your fucking clueless."

Jess stared at her friend in surprise for a few seconds before letting her eyes drift back to the one person she was avoiding.

♪ Hey, yeah! ♪

♪ Life is good
On the other side of Hollywood ♪

♪ Life is good
On the other side of Hollywood ♪

♪ So welcome to the brotherhood
Where you won't be misunderstood ♪

♪ Life is good
On the other side of Hollywood ♪

"Come now. You can't be the only one at the party not dancing."

Jesses eyes shot up to her friend talking to the club owner she had no reason to hate but still did.

"No, I... I know. I'm just... I'm looking for Willie."

Caleb smiled before signaling people over. "Dante, Fuego... meet Alex. You're welcome."

Jess watched her friend get dragged off before Caleb started again.

"And what about you young lady? Why aren't you out there dancing?"

"I just don't feel like like" Jess said nervously chuckling.

"I understand, your friends seem to be having a great time out there."

"Yea..yea they are" Jess said between slightly gritted teeth.

"Is there something i can help with?"

"No, really it's fine" Jess said smiling halfheartedly.

Caleb hummed. "It wouldn't be because of the reggie boy, would it?"

Jess's head snapped up, but by the look on his face, she could tell he wasn't actually asking. "It is, but there's nothing you can do."

Caleb let out another hum. "it's a shame when two people like each other but are to afraid of what will happen if they admit it."

Jess's face dropped slightly. "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, did i say something wrong?"

"Yea a bit. I mean, i don't mean to be rude but how can you just make assumptions like that?" Jess said trying to hold back a tone.

"i've seen a lot of people come in, Jessica. It's very easy to spot the ones who are in love, or afraid of it. What's weird about your case, is that both of you seen to have a little of both."

"Ok you know what, I'm sorry I'm just going to excuse my self" Jess said walking off, biting her tongue before she said something she regretted- but a hand gripped her arm before she could.

Caleb gave her a half hearted smile. "Just giving you a little club stamp. Maybe you can come back soon."

Jess bummed, tugging back her arm and speed walking out of the place- missing the smirk that was plastered on Calebs face.