The Plan

"Hey, where'd the rest of the band go?"

"Wait. Were those holograms?"

"Yes! Yes, they were holograms," Julie said chuckling nervously. I plugged it into the ceiling projector before the show. I'd explain it, but it involves algorithms and science stuff."

Students burst into applause to loud for the phantoms nor Julie to hear Carrie state "that doesn't make any sense, the female guitarist is standing right over there."

"That's wild" Luke said. "They could see us when we were playing, but not when the music ended."

"We should double check" Reggie said jogging up to the stage.

"I don't think that's necess-" Jess started, cutting her self off as Reggie circled his hips doing a small dance. "Ok then."

"Yeah, I don't..." Reggie started before running down next to us again. "I don't think they can see us."

"I wish I couldn't see you."

"Dont be rude Alex" Jess said rolling her eyes before directing her attention towards Reggie who went to go chase after the same girl in purple as before.

"Hey there. Hi. Reggie. Could I call you some time? What's your number?"

Jess looked down. Why the hell was she feeling like this. Reggie flirts with everyone and it's never bothered her before. Jess put a hand on her stomach wondering if that feeling meant she was going to be sick, before poofing out of the gym, leaving Alex glaring daggers at Reggie. He had thought Reggie and Jess where making progress.

——————————

"Julie!"

"You! Stop doing that!" Julie said putting a hand on her chest at the three boys prank. "I'm serious."

"Whoa! This one's all on you. We were already here."

"Are we not gonna talk about what happened?"

"Yea the whole school saw you. It's freaking me out."

"OK, good, cause it's kind of freaking me out too. You know, you could see us, and people could see us
whenever we play music. And my clothes are made of air, but for some reason, I'm still getting a wedgie. So many questions" Alex said, his voice shaking slightly.

"The important thing is that we rocked that place. They were loving you!"

"Are you kidding? They loved us. Where'd Jess go off to?"

The boys shrugged, leaving Julie to sigh. "That was a great song, Luke. Thanks."

"And did you guys see the cheerleaders looking at me? I think they were looking at me. Please tell me they were."

Julie shot Alex a confused glance, as Alex only shrugged back. The two of them could see the chemistry when Reggie and Jess sang from a mile away. It came as a small shocker when Reggie immediately moved onto the next girl.

"Bro, they were looking at you."

"Oh, I knew it!"

"I'm so... I'm so confused, you know? The afterlife should come with instructions or a quick start guide or something."

"Well, the good thing is that everyone thought you guys were holograms, and I got back into the program."

"Why do you look so bummed?"

"Yeah, dude, you're making this face."

Luke pulled the boys to his side as they all made different faces.