𝟏𝟐 ∘ family

So much running, I felt like I was writing the Maze Runner again

——————————

Boy barked, before stepping into the lake and going after the blanket

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Boy barked, before stepping into the lake and going after the blanket. Delilah had run over to the edge of the water, watching as Boy swam towards the blanket. He was almost there and Delilah kept hope that he would make it back in time.

"Don't. Don't. No!" Joel yelled as he watched the dog swim further out, Delilah just staying beside the water like a sitting duck.

When Boy had the blue blanket in his mouth, Delilah called to him with a sigh of relief. She kept calling his name, trying to get him to come back before the Sandgobbler noticed they were still close by.

Joel watched from the tree stump, face twisting in anger as he looked over the top of the stump. He could see the Sandgobbler, and if he could see it, that meant that it could most likely hear them.

He tried to think quickly of a way to save them. He couldn't lose her.

Surveying their surroundings, he spotted his bag over by the river. Sifting through its contents in his head, an idea came to him.

Grunting in frustration, he left the safety of the hollowed-out tree, rushing over to his own fallen backpack and retrieving the grenade that Clyde had gifted him. He pulled the pin, beginning to count but accidentally dropping the grenade

"Shit!" he gasped, beginning to count unevenly as the Sandgobbler grew closer. "Two. Uh, three, four. . . five!"

He then threw the grenade and turned around, diving towards the water while wrapping his arms around Delilah as he did so, taking her with him. She screamed in shock as he led them both into the water, the grenade going into the Sandgobbler's mouth.

It exploded just after Joel had said five, destroying the monster from the inside out. Guts and body parts flew in every direction landing on the ground and splashing in the water around the two.

Joel came to the surface with a gasp, the hotdog toy that he had initially tricked the monster with landing in the water nearby with a gentle squeak.

He hollered excitedly as Delilah breached the surface also. The girl pushed her hair back out of her eyes, coughing up water as she looked over to Joel.
"You're insane," she mumbled beneath her breath.

"Yes!" Joel screamed, still excited from what he had just managed to do. "Yes! Oh, my God! Oh, that was awesome. I feel like Tom Cruise."

Delilah was grateful, but right now she was more worried about something else. "Where's Boy?" she asked, looking around the river.

"Oh! Ow. What the hell is- ow," Joel gasped, looking around the water.

When she spotted Boy on the other side of the river with Arlo's blanket in his mouth, Delilah scooped up her backpack and swam towards him. She began to feel the biting on her skin too, desperate to get out of the water and over to Boy.