Chapter Nine

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Please."

"No."

"You have to."

"I am not going underwater Persephone!"

"But Thanatosssss," the goddess whined, drawing out the 's' at the end of his name.

"No."

Persephone stomped her foot on the ground, "Hades you try."

Hades didn't look up from his cup of tea, "Thanatos stop annoying Persephone."

"I'm not going underwater."

"Yes you will," Persephone sang.

"No I won't."

"Yes."

"No."

"Your wings won't get wet," Persephone pointed out.

"I don't understand why I have to go, Hades is meeting up with Poseidon also I have a job. So no, I will not go."

Persephone grabbed Thanatos' hands and started doing a mini dance to try encourage the god to agree with her. "You should take a day off, let the mortals think they got a miracle."

Thanatos stood their with Persephone moving his arms, "You know can't do that."

"Yes you can! They'll just think whatever god they believe in is smiling down at them."

Thanatos arched a brow, "While I would actually be doing what?"

"Partying!"

"No."

"Alright it won't be a party but a gathering."

Thanatos slipped his hands out of Persephones, "Persephone, I don't want to talk to anyone I don't know. You know I can't do that."

"That's true," Hades butted in. "He froze up when Poseidon tried talking to him." He pointed at Thanatos, "Then I had to explain that you were just shy not racist when you ran."

Thanatos crossed his arms, "In my defense there was a lot of beings there and I was not mentally prepared for social interaction."

Persephone hugged Thanatos' arm and looked up and him, "It's not until tomorrow, that would be enough time to prepare yourself."

Thanatos sighed, the Queen of the Underworld was very stubborn, too bad that Thanatos was equally anti-social. "I don't want to be around or speak with beings I don't know."

"I'll stay with you the whole time, please. I'll need company," Persephone pleaded.

"You'll have Hades."

Hades looked up from his mug, "Yes? I heard my name."

Persephone ignored her husband while Thanatos ignored the god as per usual.

"Hades will be talking to Poseidon about politics and running kingdoms and other boring stuff."

"Persephone you run a kingdom," Thanatos pointed out.

Persephone flicked her hair over her shoulder. Her hair was down so she could wear a flower crown of black roses. "Yes but I prefer to do it with style."

"You mean putting flowers at every corner?"

Persephone waved a hand, "Same thing."

"Right."