Chapter 4: Apocalypse

"Ilya Novikov" said the man with a smile whilst walking into the apartment.

"What?" Replied Jade.

"That's my name, Ilya Novikov" repeated the man.

"Alright and what are you doing here?" Asked Mary.

"I'm here to help you" answered Ilya.

"Wait are you one of those people with the powers?" Wondered Lu, other's wondering the same thing.

"Yes and no" responded Ilya. "I have abilities like they do but I'm not one of them."

"So are we talking people with powers as in mutants because I thought you said they were extinct" said Mary, looking at Max when she said the last part.

"Actually I never said they were extinct, I just said they haven't been seen in hundreds of years" replied Max, holding up his hands in defense.

"Hang on, what are you meant to be helping us with?" Said Jake.

"With one of the biggest threats you and humanity will ever face" replied Ilya, sounding serious but still smiling.

"Well that's ominous" said Marge, everyone looking at one another with concerned faces.

- • -

The individuals were still in the abandoned building. The man and the two women were on look out just in case anyone or anything tried to attack them whilst the third woman was using her powers. They weren't expecting anyone to attack them since it was now the morning again and plus they'd already pretty much defeated the one thing that was possibly a threat to them in the area, the vampires. It had been a couple hours since the woman had started to sense their master and try and focus on his energy but it was difficult, they had been separated from their master for so long.

"I think I've got him" said the woman.

"Are you sure this time?" Asked anther woman. "Last time you ran us into a pack of vampires and now they know what we're planning."

"I'm pretty sure" answered the first woman.

"It's the best we've got for now" said the man. "We investigate all possible locations."

"So, where are we heading then?" Wondered the third woman whilst creating one of those purple light things that would open up an portal.

"To a small town called Hollows Grove" responded the first woman.

And with that, a portal was opened that looked out upon Hollows Grove from up on a hillside. The four people walked towards it, looked out at the view, looked at one another and nodded before walking through the opening. Unbeknownst to them currently and everyone else, they were getting extremely close to their desired goal.

"So how do you two know each other?" Asked Jade.

"Well I say we've met before but I can't even say that" answered Christian. "I saw Ilya jump out of a window at the facility as it was falling apart."

"Right, and what were you doing there?" Said Sun, looking to Ilya.

"I was being held there against my will" replied Ilya. "Just like some of you were."

"Except you're not a vampire" said Max.

"Nope, I'm not" replied Ilya. "Listen, if you'd just let me explain everything you might learn some useful information."

"I don't know, how do we know you aren't secretly working with them?" Suggested Mary.

"Because I'll tell you everything I know about them, things they don't want you to know" responded Ilya.