Obanai X Mitsuri: If You Are Willing To Accept Me

⚠️ Spoiler Alert! Manga Spoilers Ahead! ⚠️

A young girl with pink and green braids stared nervously at the paths in front of her, unsure which path to take.  Anxiety took over and she cried out, "Whaaaaaa! This place is too big!  Which path do I take!?"

"So your the new pillar?"  A grumpy voice from behind spoke.

"Ahhhhh!"  The girl jumped and turned around, only to find a man in a striped haori with short black hair and mis-matched eyes.  Around his neck was a white snake and the lower half of his face was covered in bandages.

"Oh, yes, um, yes, I am the new hashira!"  She squeaked excitedly.

The man in the striped haori half rolled his eyes and asked, "So, you need help finding the way?"

"Oh, Yes please!"

"Ok then, follow me."

On the way through the paths, the girl kept on asking questions and became bubbly and excited over the tiniest of things.  Even though the man acted as if he was really annoyed, he was secretly touched by her positive energy. 

The scene dissolved.

"Kanroji-chan!"  A breathless man in a striped haori ran towards a girl with pink and green braids.

"Obanai-san?"  The girl questioned, while the man in the striped haori was fidgeting with something behind his back.

"Umm, I just wanted to give you this......"  He shoved a pair of striped socks into the girl's hands.  He then sprinted away, hiding his blush.

The scene disappeared again. 

Blood was scattered every where,  in the midst was the same man, and in his arms was the women, who was holding his cheek.  

"If.....if, we are reborn.....as humans.....I want you to marry me.....Iguro.....please.....I want to be your bride!"  The girl sobbed, her tears mixing with the blood flowing down her face.

"Yes.....Of course!  If you are willing to accept me!"  He hugged her tighter, tears of his own flowing down his bloodied face.

Mitsuri's POV:

I sat up, sweat dripping down my face.  I gasped for air, clutching my chest and wheezing. Same dream, again.   I flopped back down in bed, not bothering to look at the clock, knowing it would be somewhere around 4:30 to 5:00 am.  My hands reached for my temples, and rubbed them, squeezing my eyes shut in the process.  I really hoped to go back to sleep, at least half and hour more.  

After five minuets, I knew I wasn't going to be a good girl and fall back asleep, so I got up and took a shower, got dressed in a simple pink pullover hoodie and black leggings and braided my hair into three braids.  I walked into the kitchen and poured some water into the electric water heater and waited for it to boil.  I rested my hands on the kitchen counter and thought about the dream I had countless times.  It was kind of  heart warming that the fact he gave me socks.  

But before I knew it, the water was boiling already. I poured some hot water into a small tea pot and added some tea leaves, then poured the remaining water in a thermos cup.  I sighed, pouring tea into my cup and let the wonderful scent take over my mind.

  I sighed, pouring tea into my cup and let the wonderful scent take over my mind

1 Hour Later.....

Today our high school class was going on a research trip to the remains of some kind of Taisho-era mansion.  I remembered this when I was on the bus, listening so some music.

2 Hours Later.....

We walked through the security gates of the ancient mansion.  I supposed that if 80% of it was not destroyed, then the mansion would look beautiful.   Another problem was that there were weeds, growing on the roof, in random patches on the paths, and practically everywhere.  I looked up and saw a girl with a butterfly pin, looking confused, but she quickly shook her head and walked on.

Something besides the path caught my eye.  In the midst of the weeds was a single purple flower.  It was a simple looking little flower, but I felt that I needed to take a closer look.  I bent down and brushed my fingers on the petals.  

This simple action must have triggered something, because I suddenly got very dizzy, and when I opened my eyes again, I saw many different flowers, and in the middle was the purple one.  I shook my head and look up and saw a beautiful building, instead of a destroyed one.  My vision flashed again and the building was back to being broken.

"Kanroji Mitsuri.....you duty is to slay demons....."  A distant voice called out.

"HUH?!"  I turned around, but there was no one behind me.

"Kanroji-chan!"  A different voice called out.

My vision flashed again.

"Of course, if you are willing to accept me!"  the same voice called out again.

Pain filled my heart, and memories that seemed so familiar.....emotions.....love, hatred, regret, anger, sadness.....

"Arrrgh!"  I clutched my head and squeezed my eyes shut, then I felt a tap on my shoulder.  

"Are you alright?"

I turned around and saw a boy around the same age as me.  He had mis-matched eyes and short choppy black hair.  I couldn't see his lower face, it was covered by a black mask.  My vision flashed again and this time instead of the boy, I saw a man with the same eyes and hair wearing a striped haori, a snake wrapped around his neck.  

This time, there was no pain, just a small tingling sensation at the bottom of my heart that was maybe.....happiness?  His name.....what was it again?

"O-Obanai-san?" and immediately covered my mouth, not knowing where the name came from.

His eyes widened.

"Mitsuri....."  he whispered "I found you....." 

He embraced me in a tight hug and tears, tears of happiness streamed down my face. 

"You promised, you promised that you'll be my bride."  He mumbled into my hair.

"And I will."  

Welp, that was the longest chapter I've ever wrote, with 986 words. I really like this topic and I might expand in it more and make it into a actual fanfiction. I also want to write a Rengoku fanfiction after finishing this one-shot book.

But anyways.....

COMMENT

VOTE

REQUEST