Tanjiro X Kanao: Who Would Forget Someone Like You? (Part 2)

Four Years Later, Tanjiro POV:

I sighed as I picked up my old mask, it was broken in half, a reminder of the battle with demons.  I traced my fingers across the neat carving, telling myself that I didn't need to wear it, for the fairies and elves have made peace.  

A distant roar came from outside.

"Onii-chan!  Ryu broke out from his pen again!"  Nezuko called from the hallway, a second before she burst into my room.

I put on a strained smile, "I thought so, if he didn't, I would be surprised."

There was another roar, followed by a shriek.

"I better go, before he sets the house on fire."  I say as I swiftly walk out the door.

"Onii-chan?" 

"Hmm?"

Nezuko reached forward and rubbed the place between my brows, " Don't put too much pressure on yourself, remember that we are always here for you."  a small smile formed on her face, "Besides, to many wrinkles on your forehead will make you age twice as fast!"

I smiled, "Thanks Nezuko, I needed that."  I say as I reach forward and give her a small hug.

Ryu roared again and I pulled away, "I really need to go now."

Without waiting for an answer, I sprinted down the hall and exited the house and found Ryu, now almost 12 feet tall, nostrils flaring, and next to him was a bale of hay that was on fire.  

I fetched a bucket of water and poured it on the hay and splashed the rest on Ryu's head

"You know you are not supposed to do that!" I scold him.

Ryu looked down at his feet and made a low rumbling sound, as if he was sorry.

I softened a little and reached out to rub his head, "Sorry for not going to visit you these past days."  I apologize, "To make it up to you, how about we go for a ride!" 

Ryu immediately brightened up, he jumped around excitedly and flapped his wings.

"Oi, If you jump around, how will I be able to get on!"

That calmed him down a little and he bent down, allowing me to climb up.

"To the old place?"

He roared.

"Let's go then!"

Ryu flapped his great wings and we took off into the afternoon sky.  The wind rushed through my hair and the cold air stung my eyes.  We flew across the sky, through villages and above beautiful meadows, until we arrived at a sakura tree on the edge of a cliff with water falls.

  We flew across the sky, through villages and above beautiful meadows, until we arrived at a sakura tree on the edge of a cliff with water falls

But someone was already there.

It was a young girl, sitting on the trunk of the sakura tree, she was doing her hair, twisting it into a side pony tail and securing it with a green and pink butterfly pin.

That butterfly hair clip.  Where did I see it before?

"Yay, it's heads!" 

"How did you get it to be heads?" 

"By chance, and if it was tails, I would flip it over and over again until it comes up as heads!  Anyone should be allowed to decide for themselves, and that includes you, umm....." 

"Kanao, is my name."

"And that includes you Kanao." 

"Can I see your face?"

"Sorry, but sun elves cannot show their faces to others, unless it is another sun elf......"

"Oh, but what if we meet in the future, and you recognize me but I don't recognize you?"

"It's OK, me recognizing you is enough, after all, who would forget someone like you?"

Memories came flashing into my mind.  That girl.........she's.........Kanao.

"Kanao, long time no see!"  I shouted across to her while waving my hand and walking over.

She looked up.

"How do you know my name?" 

She was still had the same voice, I remember clearly, a beautiful voice.  Her sent was still the same.  Sweet. Pure. Innocent.

"Remember?"  I pointed at Ryu.

She shook her head, "I'm sorry, but who are you?"

"I used to wear a fox mask, and we met at this sakura tree before."

When she didn't respond, I said: "I see that you don't use the coin anymore."  

This caught her attention.

"You.......are that boy four years ago?"

I smiled.

The whole world froze as I stared into her deep purple eyes.  A gust of wind blew, scattering pink petals everywhere.

"I never go to know your name, you know."  she whispered.

I scratched the back of my neck, "Tanjiro, Kamado Tanjiro."

Suddenly, Kanao looked kind of scared.  

"So he grew....."  She said timidity.

I looked behind my back and saw Ryu looming over us.  I laughed and scratched my neck again.   

"I think he likes you."  I say as I look over at Ryu who was sniffing curiously at Kanao.  She reached out a hand and immediately retracted it when a few flames sprang out of Ryu's nostrils.  

"It's ok."  I grabbed her hand and pressed it on Ryu's snout.  "See, he's harmless."

Ryu snorted and reared up, causing us to fall on our backs.  It was kind of awkward, Kanao landed on my chest, our noses inches apart.   She stood up abruptly and I followed suit, feeling the tips of my ears being dipped in chilly oil.

"Um.....do you want to go for a ride?"  I asked as I pointed at Ryu.

"Sure, why not!"  She replied excitedly. 

I smiled, regaining my composure.   I climbed onto Ryu, pulling Kanao up after.  

"Here, hold on tight."  I grabbed her hands and put them around my waist.  I felt nervous, taking another person on a ride.  We took off into the late autumn sky, heading towards the setting sun.

Sorry guys for not updating for like five days.  To be honest, I had a mini writers block and I had to study for a Chinese exam and I've been busy watching MHA for the first time, lol.

Word Count: 1004

Ahhh!! Todoroki 😍😍😍

But anyways.......

COMMENT

VOTE 

REQUEST