Sanemi X Kanae: Bitter Sweet Love (Part 1)

It's been some time since I've last done a sanekana.........

Third Person POV:

From the first time Shinazugawa Sanemi ever laid eyes on Kocho Kanae, he always thought she looked weak and wondered how she became a hashira.  Especially with her soft voice and kind nature.

But then again, don't judge a book by it's cover.  Even so, Sanemi couldn't help but belittle and underestimate the flower breather.  That one night, she finally showed her true strength while they battled a rather powerful and stubborn lowermoon.

The second Kanae shifted into a fighting stance and drew her sword, Sanemi knew that he wasn't needed in this fight.  Her movements were each carefully calculated and performed with stunning precision and grace.  Her raven black hair flowed with the wind and her butterfly haori fluttered behind her. Whether it was because of the angle of the lighting that made everything seem like a scene straight from a fairy tale, Sanemi didn't know or care, in fact.  All he was thinking about was how dazzling, graceful and powerful (as much as he didn't want to admit it) she really was. 

 One thing he noticed while she was fighting was that Kanae's usual smiling face was now saddened, pity was written over her beautiful features.  But before he could think about it, the demon was already disgrinating before his eyes. 

"That sh*tbag of a creature is not worth your pity." he said as he walked over to Kanae, who was kneeling next to the disappearing body of the demon.

"You know, they were once humans too....."

"Tch," Sanemi kicked the remaining flesh of the demon into the bushes, "that still doesn't change the fact that they have eaten countless humans."

Kanae smiled sadly and stood up, "I hope he gets reincarnated and lives a happy life."

"So you believe in reincarnation?" 

"Maybe.....Do you?"

"Well if we really are reincarnated, I just hope that by the time we are born, demons don't exist anymore."

One Year Later.....

"CAWW! DEAD!  FLOWER HASHIRA, KOCHO KANAE, IS DEAD!"

Sanemi smirked, not believing what his crow reported, "She's what now?"

"CAWW! KOCHO KANAE WAS KILLED BY UPPERMOON TWO, DOUMA! CAWW!"

Sanemi rolled his eyes, even though tears were threatening to pour down his face and he knew that his crow was not pranking him.

"SHE IS DEAD! CAWW!"

"DUMB*SS CROW! STOP TRYING TO PRANK ME!" Sanemi, in his furry grabbed the black bird, hot tears streaming down his scarred face.

"KOCHO KANAE IS DEAD!"

"SHUT UP!"  He squeezed his crow until it was about to choke and then tossed the poor bird harshly on the ground.

"She is not dead, not dead, not dead....."  He mumbled under his breath, despite the continuing stream of tears, "KANAE IS NOT DEAD!"

But he knew that she was, and that he was just trying to convince himself.

Sanemi screamed in despair.  He hadn't experienced this type of sadness, pain, hopelessness and emptiness since his best friend died.  It was as if someone ripped out all his internal organs and left him with nothing.  With every second that ticked by without Kanae living in this world, a new wound opened in his heart and it hurt, it hurt very much.

"WHY?!" He screamed again, this time at God.  Why did God have to take everyone he cared about away from him? Why?  

CLANG!

Sanemi kicked over the table he was sitting next to, plates filled with ohagi broke, the crisp sound of breaking china echoed through the empty courtyard of the Wind Estate.  Empty, because it will never see Kanae Kocho's soft smile, never hear her kind voice, never feel her walk on it's pebble stone path ever again. 

Sanemi gazed at the fallen ohagi, amongst them were two green and pink ones.  He fell to his knees, a wave of memories flooding him again despite him trying to suppress them. 

Flashback:

Kanae and Sanemi stood in the Swordsmith Village next to a ohagi stall, unwrapping a box of ohagi.  Kanae picked out a green one and took a bite.

"Humm, I think this matcha flavored one is quite like you, Shinazugawa-san, a little bitter, but if you taste carefully, it is actually quite sweet."  She said thoughtfully. 

Sanemi blushed and took out a sakura flavored ohagi from the box and said, "Then I think that this pink one is like your eyes, and it's always very sweet." 

Kanae smiled, "Open your mouth."

Sanemi 's blush turned deeper, but he obliged, so Kanae quickly took another matcha flavored one and popped it in his mouth, causing a old lady walking by chuckle at the sight.

"Youngsters these days....." She mumbled , smiling while shaking her head.

End of Flashback

Sanemi smiled melancholically, remembering that day at the Swordsmen Village.  His eyes filled with tears once again as he said, "If you can hear this, I love you, Kanae, and if we are ever reincarnated, I want to love you again."

That took a long time to write, bc I didn't get any inspiration........

Anyway, should I write a part two about their reincarnation?

Word count: 857