Inosuke X Aoi: I Will Protect You

Aoi's POV:

"You stupid boar, stop stealing food from the kitchen!  How many times do I have to tell you that you can just ask!"  I glared at Inosuke with my brows furrowed while his face housed a sheepish grin.

"Lord of the Mountains doesn't need a little girl to tell him what to do!"  he roared for the fifth time today.

I shook my head, tired of bickering with him.  He grabbed the roast chicken and started to devour it like he hasn't eaten anything in ten days.

"Nom, nom, nom, shesh chichen thastes very cood."  He mumbled with a mouth full of chicken.  I snorted, he likes everything to do with food.  

"Who cooked this chicken?"  He asked.

"I did."  I said in reply while going to grab myself a light snack and sitting down with him.

"Your cooking skills are very good, I really like the food you prepare." he announced.

"T-thank you"  I stammered, feeling warmth spread across my face.

"Why are you red?" He questioned, dazzling emerald eyes full of concern. "Are you sick?" He wiped his hands on the tablecloth then placed a it on my cheek then on my forehead.  Which caused me to burn up even more.

"No idiot, I'm not sick!" I snapped as I swatted his hand away.  For a second, hurt flashed across his face, and I felt.....sorry that I said that?  But the expression was quickly replaced by his usual arrogant grin.  I shook my head, and reassured myself that I just imagined it.  Sighing, I got up from my seat and headed out the door. 

"Where are you going?"  Inosuke asked as he finished the remaining chicken.

"On a stroll, mind your own business."

Inosuke's POV:

Everyday when I see Ioe, or whatever her name was, she always has dark circles around her eyes, she wakes up before all of us, sleeps after we have all fallen asleep, making sure to take care of us until we recover.  She is such a hardworking person, maybe I should give her more respect and care a little more.

Why is so so feisty though? 

Why are we so similar? 

Why does my heart beat extra fast whey she is really near me?

Why do I feel hurt when she scolds me?

Why do I even care about her?

Could I possibly be.....Falling in something.....What does Monitsu call that thing again?  Oh yes, it was LOVE.

I shook my head, clearing those bothersome thoughts.  I put on my boar mask and walked out the door.  I saw a small silhouette exiting the butterfly mansion gates, it was probably Ioe.  I decided to follow her, feeling something big was going to happen.  

Aoi's POV:

A cool night breeze tickled my skin as I walked toward the woods near the butterfly estate.  I realized that I regretted shouting at Inosuke, and I kind of missed him.  I was soon so deep in thought thinking how to make it up to him that I found myself lost, and the breeze turned into a harsh wind.  Shivering, I tried to find my way out, as I eyed the towering trees apprehensively. 

"Ugh, curse my poor sense of direction." I murmured under my breath.

Suddenly, high shrieking laughter pierced the air, "Why, hello sweetie, you look like a tasty midnight snack!"

The demon picked up a sharp rock and threw it at me.  I dodged it, blood pounding in my ears.  The demon wasn't strong, she probably only eaten around five or six people, but I had no way of defeating her, as I did not have a nirichen blade.

"A hard one, huh?" she called, more laughter following her words, "This is going to be really fun!" 

She picked up some small rocks and flung them at me with precision.  I dodged the first one and the second one, the third one made a cut on my arm and the fourth one grazed my cheek.  I felt the blood oozing out of my wounds.  Several more hit my left leg and I fell to the ground.

"Still not dead huh?" she giggled, "Your going to be fun to play with!"

The demon flung more rocks at me, I didn't have time to get up.  I covered my face with my arms, squeezing my eyes shut and waited for the impact to come.  But it didn't.

Instead, I heard the clanging of metal, and I peeked through my hands.  Inosuke was in front of me, shielding me from any further harm. 

"Inosuke?" 

He didn't answer me.

"WHAT TYPE OF IDIOTIC CREATURE ARE YOU, FIGHTING THE WEAK, LORD INOSUKE IS OFFENDED THAT YOU DECIDED TO FIGHT HER INSTEAD OF ME!"  Inosuke roared at the demon while pointing at me. "TAKE THIS!"  He lunged at the demon and sliced her head off with ease, leaving it to turn into ashes.

I suddenly felt disappointed, so he protected me only because he wanted to fight the demon and prove himself strong.  

Inosuke sheathed his swords and turned around to look at me.

"YOU BIG FAT STUPID IDIOT DUMB*SS!! IF IT WERN'T FOR ME THEN YOU WOULD'VE GOTTEN YOURSELF KILLED!"  He shouted.

I was taken aback.

"Why did you protect me?" I asked, even though I was sure that he did so just to fight the demon.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHY?" he drew in a sharp breath, "Of course I will protect you, Aoi "

I was shocked even more, as I was proven wrong and he.....said my name right, and it somehow touched my heart.

He turned his back to me.

I looked at my legs, not even bothering to get up.

"Look, Aoi, I always get these feelings around you, like my heart pumps extra fast, and I really do care about you.  Monitsu says that these feelings are called falling in love, I don't really know what it means, all I know is that I want to be with you." 

"What?" I asked him, afraid that I was hearing things wrong.

He turned around again and walked towards me, he kneeled down, our faces just inches apart. 

"I love you." He breathed.

I reached for his boar mask, not feeling embarrassed at all.  I removed it, revealing his true face. 

"I love you too" I whispered, then gently pressed my lips against his.

Wow, I didn't expect myself to write almost 900 words on this chapter.  I wasn't a really big fan of AoIno, but while I was writing this, my mind changed, and now I'm a big fan XD.  Stay tuned for the next chapter, and comment which ship you want it to be :D

Edit: I decided to show you guys a meme that I made myself, to be honest, I'm kinda proud😅😅