[5] Royal Flush

As nightfall fell over the city of Brightmoon, you could find the citizens of the town fast asleep in their beds. 

But alas, not everyone was as fortunate as these peaceful civilians. 

The lookout crew had returned with furrowed brows and a determination that radiated off them like a stench. 

"This is PROOF, that she is alive!" Mermista argued, holding the two pieces of cloth in her hands. 

Bow shook his head, "As much as I want to believe that, its not enough! Anyone could've had those clothes!" he pulled out a little Y/n figurine from beneath the table and stared at it somberly, "And what if we put all of our hope in those clothes, only to find out that she really isn't alive?" 

The rest of the team didn't say a thing, only hanging their heads down, that is, until Mermista cleared her throat. 

"Glimmer, you said that if we returned with nothing that we could continue going about the rest of our lives and forget about this right?" Glimmer nodded 

"Well we did find something. So, no matter what, I'm going to continue looking for her. I won't just continue on with my life without finding out FOR SURE if she's dead or not," Mermista played with a strand of her hair angrily. "Y/n was- no, Is a great person and a great friend, and I'm not going to just give up on her when we've already gotten so many clues! I- I can't just accept that she's dead. Not yet." 

Sadly, this was not the first time something like this had happened, as many of the Princesses had breakdowns since the loss of their own. So all of the Princesses (+Seahawk and Bow) joined in together for a group hug, everyone on the verge of tears. 

"Don't worry Mermista! We'll find her." Perfuma said, tears also pricking her own eyes. 

And for a while, they all stayed there, enjoying eachothers company...

That is, until the sound of clapping brought them out of their trance. 

"Wow! That was beautiful. Truly a heartwarming monolouge. It would've brought tears in my eyes- had I any to shed in the first place." Ah of course, Double Trouble.

Pulling away from the hug, everyone instantly got in defensive mode, pulling out their weapons and activating their powers.

"Sheesh, No need to shoot the messanger. I just have a little news to share reguarding your little... Y/n situation." 

 Perfuma wrapped her vines around them, and they just rolled their eyes. 

"Well." Frosta yelled, "Tell us!" 

DT grinned, "Hmm, I was gonna make you pay for my information, but considering the people involved, I think watching this from afar will be payment enough," they cleared their throat. "Your dear Y/n is alive- In fact, I ran into her this afternoon. Quite literally." 

There were gasps from all around the room, "Theres a downside though, see, I don't think Her Majesty has any memories. She didn't even recognize me." 

Glimmer furrowed her eyebrows, "How do we know your not lying?" 

"I thought you were going to say that. Which is why I brought proof." They turned to Perfuma, "Could you-?" 

"Oh right, sorry," she removed the vines and DT dusted themselves off before pulling something out of a bag. 

Y/n's light sword. 

"This was in her bag. Now I best be going before things get really interesting. Also, she's staying at this in," They handed the group a piece of paper with an address on it, "Ciao Princesses!"