[4] Things I know

Word to the wise: Don't go run into a forest when you (A. Don't know where you are and (B. Don't know who you are.

But of course, desperate times call for desperate measures, so as I ran through the forest I began to think of a plan.

First course of action: Find a village. Sera never talked about any that were nearby, but I read in a history book that they do exist, so I have that comfort at least.

Then I'll stay in the village for a while, and find my way back after a couple of days.

My plan was flawless.

Except for the fact that I, you know, couldn't find a village.

"OW," I yelled, suddenly getting slapped in the face by a tree branch.

Groaning, I walked past the tree, noticing something up ahead.

There was a massive bridge leading to a huge city, and an even bigger castle.

My eyes moved to the bridge, where many people were walking along in bright colored clothing. Some people, like myself, chose to wear less attention drawing clothing. Aka: Browns and dark colors.

I took a deep breath, adjusted my mask and continued foreward, not caring about the strange looks I got from other people.

Eventually I made it to the other side of the bridge, being immediatly greated with cute little shops and wealthy looking citizens, as well as a sign that said:

WELCOME TO BRIGHTMOON! HOME OF THE PRINCESS ALLIENCE

I scrunched my nose up at the word "Princess" but continued foreward anyway, seeing as this city was the only civilization I had come across since Sera's house.

The city was filled with bustling people, who seemed very intent on getting to their destination.

"Rolls! Get your Queen Glimmer Approved rolls here!"

"Did the war leave any injuries on you or your property? Come to Salimander Jones to help pay for your damages!"

"Has anyone seen my child?!"

I tried my best to ignore most of the people, eventually all of them getting drowned out as I made a beeline to a small inn.

Before entering, I read the sign:

Silver Inn: Please do not leave children on the doorstep!

I raised an eyebrow at the strange request, but considering there were no children around I walked into the Inn, only to be greated with at least 10 children running around.

"GAH! Stop it! Don't touch that! Go to your rooms!" A woman who looked to be in her mid twenties ushered all of the children away and then, upon noticing me, smiled.

"Hello. I apologize for them. Every since people started leaving children at my door I've had to deal with them but I'm slowly getting them into better homes. Anyways, what can I do for you."

Before answering, I noticed her appearance. She had curly shoulder length brown hair, with a white blouse tucked into a brown skirt with an apron tied around it. She also had a various amount of Jewelry, which seemed fitting considering almost everyone in this town seemed too.

"Hi, Uh, I would like a room please."

She nodded and pulled out a pair of keys with the room number 23 on them, "Here you go, it's 10 a night but because of the children I'll give you the first night free. Just let me know if you need anything else."

I thanked her, and began walking down the long hallway to find room number 23.

But because I wasn't paying attention, someone ran right into me. Luckily, the person managed to stay on their feet, but me, not so much.

"Gah! I'm so sorry darling, I'm afraid I wasn't paying attention." They stuck out their green hand, which I hesitantly took as they helped me up.

I adjusted my mask, and looked to the person who had both ran into me and helped me.

They had green skin, and lizard like eyes, and wore a simple black outfit.

When I looked at them, I couldn't helped but feel a twinge of familiarity.

"It's ok, thank you for helping me up." I said, adjusting my mask.

"It's no problem darling, I'm always ready to help someone. The names Double Trouble."

"Y/n."

Their eyes widened, almost in realization, before returning back to normal, "Hmm, I knew someone with that name. It's a shame, really."

They were about to walk away but I called out to them, "w-wait! What's so shameful about it?"

"Hm? Oh yes, it's a shame because sadly she passed away only months ago. Left the princess alliance in shambles if you ask me. Well anyway I must be going, see you later little birdie!"

I cringed at the nickname, but continued on my way, eventually reaching my room.

When I got inside I took my mask and my cloak off and set them on the little coat rack near the door.

With a sign, I plopped down on the mattress and let my mind wander.

But instead of getting any rest, thoughts began swarming my head. Questions mostly, but they confused me to no end.

So I got up and grabbed a piece of paper and a quill from inside the desk.

Dipping the quill in the ink, I began writing stuff down on the paper.

Things I know:
- There was a princess named 'Y/n' (who is dead)
- there's something called a "princess alliance"
- Double Trouble seems nice

With a huff, I realized that was really all I figured out since arriving here.

I guess I would just have to find out more information.

But that could come later, right now, I think I'll sleep.

And with that thought, I lie down on the bed and began drifting off, not noticing the figure that was staring through my room window...

- CHAPTER 4 END -

Sorry for the short chapter!

Anyway remember to have a drink lots of water and eat food!