Chapter XII

Tuesday, January 5th
Quintez P.O.V

4 more months. 4 more months of school and we still getting new students? I mean I usually don't take a interest in them but when their all over Zara it sorta pisses me off.

"Quinny? You ok?" Ray asked. I tore my gaze off of Zara and look towards my friends. I follow there gaze to my hand that was currently crushing my water bottle.

"I'm fine." I said and wiped my hand off.

"He's mad cause dude over there flirting with Zara." JB said smirking.

"Shutup. I'm not mad. And he's not flirting is he?" I turned my gaze back over towards them to see he has her back into a wall. That's it.

"I'll be right back." I said an walked over to where they was. "Hey Z." I said grabbing their attention. The guy backed up and Zara stood close to me.

"Hey Tez." She said and me and the guy was having a staring match.

"Who's your friend?" I asked.

"F-friend naw this is Mike we-I mean he's new."

"Ahh nice to meet you bro." I said and he nodded his head. "Yeah you too."

"Umm I gotta get to class. Can you walk me Tez?" The bell rung right after and we left.

During the day I saw the guy two more times because he was in my class. A couple people talked to him but he didn't mess with Zara for the rest of the day.

"Hey Quin." My dad said once I entered the house. The rest of his friends was there too.

"Sup y'all." I said sitting on the couch. I got a chorus of 'heys' and 'Sups'. "What y'all starting game night early?"

"Came over for a pre-game." Chase said. He meant smoking and drinking.

"Can I ask y'all something?"

"Gon head." Eric, Jazmine dad said.

"So hypothetically if a guy was hitting on your friend that you may or may not like what do you do?" I asked and they all looked at me like I was stupid.

"So your talking bout Zara." Montez said.

"Maybe..."

"Son all you gotta do is tell the n*gga to back off." My dad said and everyone one agreed but I sighed.

"But she's not mine so I can't just forbid other people from talking to her. But she did look uncomfortable so maybe?"

"Just look out for her. And if it gets to a point where it makes you very upset well I don't know maybe talk to her about it." Jabril Sr. said like it was the obvious answer. JB and his dad act just like each other hint why he's a junior.

"Yes we are men and we talk about our feelings goddammit." Chase said and all them laughed. "Aye but fr come join us in this game take ya mind off things."

After the night was over...for me at least them n*ggas was here till like 2am. I got ready for tomorrow and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and made my way to school. When I walk in I head towards commons.