Chapter VI

Tuesday, November 17th
Quintez P.O.V

The past week has been the best week of my life. I would've suggested doing a goddamn science project before if I knew it would lead to this. I got to hang out with Zara all week working and talking and even after we turned it in we still stuck to the routine of going over her house and hanging out.

My friends are definitely proud of me they voiced it all weekend when we went to stay at Jazmin's house. Of course Raymond being his annoying self suggested that it was an inappropriate hangout but I immediately shut that down and told them it was purely innocent.

Anyway it's last period and I'm talking with JB about our plans for Thanksgiving. Ever since me, Ray, JB, and Jazmin met our families have always spent holidays together. JB's uncle has a restaurant that's large enough to fit all our families in it. Me and Jazmines parents are separated but even my dad and her mom come out to celebrate with us.

"So Uncle Greg said we gon take this year's thanksgiving to his new restaurant that he opened." JB said.

"I thought he hasn't opened officially yet?"

"Well he wants us to be the first to use it then after thanksgiving it'll open for everyone." He explained and I nodded we continued talking about plans until the bell rung.

After last period me and Ray walked together and met JB by the front.

"Yo wassup." Ray said going towards JB. "JB I need a ride to the store before we go home."

"Ight. Bye Quin." He said and they left to JB's car. I started to go towards my car when I heard a voice call out for me.

"Yo Quin my boy wassup." I heard Marcus say. Yeah I chose to get on his good side so I wouldn't possibly die. I see Zara walking up behind him.

"Wassup?" I asked. "Well me and Marcus are about to go and get paint for our rooms wanted to know if you wanted to come and help us paint after?" Zara said.

"Oh yeah I'm down but first I gotta get my sister but I'll meet y'all at y'all house after Ight?" They said yeah and left in Marcus car. I went to go get my sister from daycare and drop her off.

"Hey son." My mom said once I walked in the house. "Hey ma." I said giving her a hug.

"You been absent for a while what's going on?" She asked me while in the kitchen.

"Nothing much just hanging out with a friend." I told her shrugging I didn't mention Zara because she know about her and I didn't want to have the crush talk again. It's embarrassing.

"Mmm friend?" She ain't slick. "Nobody really I'll come over this weekend tho I needa spend some time here." I looked at my siblings on the couch with Rango our dog in the middle of them.

"Ok ok I'll see you later then." She said and gave me a quick hug. I left the house and went over Zara's I texted her and she said she was home.

I knocked on the door and their mom answered.

"Hey Quin their in their rooms. Tell em I left for work for me." She said. "Will do...see ya." I said walking into the houses and upstairs.