Chapter XI

Friday, December 25th
Zara P.O.V

I'm nervous. I'm extremely nervous right now. I told my mother and Marcus about the dinner with Tez and his family and they agreed to come. I told Tez and he said to meet him at the address he sent me around 7 but he said something about black people time so don't come until 8.

Now we were in the car on our way there. It's 8:45 and were about 10mins away.

"Calm down Zara it's not that serious." Mac said from the front. "I am calm shutup." He rolled his eyes at that.

"Would you 2 be quiet. When we get there y'all bet not be arguing." My mother said. We stayed silent the rest of the way there.

When we get there it's a nice ass two floor restaurant that looks beyond expensive. I texted Quintez that we were here and he said to meet him by the door.

I walk up to the front doors with my mom and brother behind me. Shit I was Lowkey shaking.

"Hey Z. Marcus. Ms.Morgan." Quintez said once he opened the doors.

It was packed as fuck inside. Like people in every corner. All different shades of black. Some with vitiligo and some with very unique birth marks.

Everybody was smiling and laughing. The vibes was immaculate to say the least.

"Hey." I said greeting Tez. My mother and Marcus said their 'hellos' too.

"Cmon I'll introduce y'all." He said and started walking over to a bunch of women. "Hey momma." A women turned around who looked just like Tez and smiled.

"Hey son. Who's your friends?" She said looking towards us.

"This is Zara. Her brother Marcus and their mother Zariah." He said looking at each of us.

"It's nice to meet you all I'm Naomi." She greeted us. We all said hello and she set her sights on my mother. "So Zariah what do you do for work?" And that was the beginning of a long ass conversation.

"Don't worry she'll be fine with them." Tez said referring to them group of women who took interest in our mother too.

"Marcus lemme introduce you to a couple of our cousins." He said and led us to a bunch of men and women who looked to be around Marcus's age.

"Bet."

"Yo cuz this Marcus. Marcus this is my cousin Lonnie." He eased them into a conversation before turning his attention towards me.

"Ok now we can go."

"I see you Quin!" A guy yelled from across the restaurant and a couple people turned towards us and smiled.

"Ignore him he's annoying." He said looking down. He took us to a familiar group of people. Ray, JB, and Jazmine were all talking and laughing.

"Look who made it." Ray said turning his attention towards us.

"Hey Zara." JB said and so did Ray.

"Hi JB. Hey Ray." I said back. "Jazmin right?"

"Yeah it's nice to meet you again." She said and shot Tez a look.

"Ditto."

"Zara!" A little person said crashing into me. I looked down and see Niya holding onto my legs.

"Hi Niya." I said smiling at her. I look up and see Davonte coming up. "Hey Vonte."

"Hi Zara."

Quintez took the girl from my legs and picked her up. We all talked for a while while people came up to us. I met Ray siblings. Jazmine's siblings. I learned JB doesn't have any. And Everyone's parents and some of their cousins.

It was honestly very nice and Marcus and my mother looked like they were having a great time too.

"N*gga you lyin." One of I think JB's cousins said.

"How? We all know Jazmine got a soft spot for Quin." One of Tez's cousins said.

"Naw JB is her favorite." JB cousin said back.

"I can't say non about Ray." Ray lil sister said.

"Dang y'all throwing me under the bus like that!" Ray yelled laughing. "Don't matter what happened I met her first so she always gon have a soft spot for me."

"You stay bringing that up." Tez said rolling his eyes.

"You corny with that." JB said.

"I promise you they not usually like this." Jazmine said and I drowned out their argument laughing. "Well Ray is." She continued and we laughed slightly.

"They got a lot of love for you." I told her and she looked at them.

"Yeah 12 years will do that." She said then continued. "Honestly they told me about you I'm glad they have someone to even them out."

"There fun to be around." I said not taking my eyes off them. "Yeah they are." She said.

"You know what whatever. Why argue when we could just ask her." JB said turning his attention towards Jazmine. Gotta say this is the most I den heard him talk and first time I heard him raise voice.

"Bet. So Jazmine who's your favorite?" Quintez asked.

"Do we gotta do this?" Everyone nodded and she rolled her eyes. "I den told y'all I love you all equally. Although I think I'm leaning more towards JB and Ray." She said and gave Tez a look. His mouth dropped open and everyone laughed.

"Cmon I said I was sorry Jazzy." He said and she laughed. "Not funny." He continued then came to smother her in a hug and soon the two other boys joined.

How am I supposed to compete with a girl that has all three of these boys fighting for her love?

"Aye but guess what it don't even matter cause I'm Zara's favorite." Quintez said once they broke the hug and he came over and put his hand around my shoulder. I was shocked and just smiled.

"Lord knows you been dreaming bout it." Ray said laughing and a couple of other people joined in. Tez looked embarrassed and I didn't quite get it.

So after the party was over and we ate and everybody mingled some more it was finally time to go. Everyone was leaving slowly so Tez walked me to the car.

"So did you have fun?" He asked as we started walking out.

"Yeah it was very nice. I'm glad I came." He beamed at that.

"Good I'm glad you came too." He said and we stopped at the car. "So I'll call you we can link tomorrow or something?"

"Yeah for sure." He gave me a hug and left to go with his siblings.

"He's a good kid. Their families are amazing people. I'm glad we came." My mother said from the front seat. Marcus agreed and I just smiled while looking out the window as we started to pull out.

Once I got home I texted Tez and told him I was here. I peeled off my clothes and showered then went to bed after awhile.

-----------------------