Chapter 20

It's been two weeks since Christmas and school has been total hell. I can't seem to get away from morons trying to ask stupid questions and mess with me. 

"Open the door," Brady's voice breaks my thoughts as he bangs on the front door. I quickly get up and let him and Chloe in.

"What are you guys doing here?" I question as they take their jackets and shoes off.

"You gotta see something," They drag me to the couch and we all sit down as Chloe takes out her phone and Brady pushes his glasses up. "This show is amazing."

"You guys came all the way here just to tell me about a show?" Chloe goes through her phone to find the right thing before setting it on the coffee table, using the remote for the TV as a stand to keep it from falling.

We end up watching that show for a few hours before turning it off to talk about random topics.

"Shit, I gotta go," Chloe says as she looks at the time.

"Okay, see you at school," she quickly gets her stuff and waves as she leaves the house as Brady and I sit at the table.

"Dude," Brady lightly punches my arm.

I give him a confused look. "What?"

"Asher, are you serious?" he smirks.

"What?"

"You like Chloe, don't you?" he tips his chair back.

"What are you talking about?" I roll my eyes at him.

"I've never seen you blush that much in only a few hours and you kept freezing up everytime she got too close," he gives me an amused look.

"You know I have a natural blush and I freeze up when anyone gets too close," I defend.

"And the fact that your ears turned red? Or how you kept smiling like a dork and staring at her eyes?"

"My ears are not red!" I reach up to cover part of my ears.

"And now you're definitely blushing," Brady laughs at me.

"What's your point here?" I fold my arms on the table.

"My point is. You have a crush on Chloe Martin. Who, mind you, is also your bitchy ex's sister," he nearly falls out of his chair before regaining his balance.

"You don't know that," I roll my eyes. "I don't even know if you're right."

"Well, do you like being around her?" I nod. "Have you ever gotten butterflies in your stomach?"

"I think so? I'm not sure what that actually feels like," I shrug.

"It's sort of like someone's tickling you from inside your stomach. Or just a weird feeling. Not a bad weird but it definitely isn't a regular thing to just randomly happen," he tries to explain. 

"I think that's happened," I nod. "Does that mean I like her?"

"It's definitely a very high possibility, yes," when he nearly falls back again he sits in the chair normally.

"Are you gonna stay tonight?" I ask after noticing that it's just past ten.

"Nah, I gotta get home. Make sure to tell me when you figure everything out with Chloe," he stands.

"I will," I nod with a smile as he walks towards his stuff. 

"See ya' later," with that he gives me a peace sign as he shuts the door.

I decide to lock the door and go to bed instead of waiting for Mom to get home. As I lay in silence I think random things.

Do I like Chloe? Maybe I just act weird because she's Victoria's sister?