Chapter 15

The last few days have been exhausting. The majority of the school makes fun of me and the classes are just boring. Chloe and Brady, luckily, haven't found out about what Victoria posted and all the comments on it. 

    After showering I get dressed and brush my teeth before messing with my hair and getting my breakfast.

    Brady has an eye appointment today so Chloe's picking me up. Brady will be at school but he's just going to be an hour or two late.

    The sudden knocking on the door makes me jump before getting up and asking who it is.

    "It's Chloe. Let me in," I quickly open the door and Chloe quickly kicks her boots off before trying to get warm. "That fucking bitch."

    "Who?" I ask as we sit at the table.

    "Victoria. I saw that stupid post. And all the comments."

    "Oh," my eyes fall to my hands as I mess with my fingers above the table.

    "I'm sorry," she sounds slightly less angry now. 

    "Don't worry about it," I shrug. "Why are you here so early?" 

    "Oh, sorry. I had to get away from Victoria before I hit her." I nod at her answer. 

    "Want a Root Beer?" I offer.

    "Sure," she shrugs and I grab each of us a can before sitting back down. "Do you know how to ice skate?"

    "I know how but not any good, why?" I reply with a slight nod. Chloe laughs lightly. I can't help but love her laugh. I could listen to it all day.

    "Want to go ice skating tomorrow? Since it's the first day of Christmas break?" 

    "I'll have to make sure my mom's okay with it," I nod. "Wait, we have an ice rink here?"

    "Yeah, it's just not that popular. That's why I go there," she nods with a pretty smile. 

    "Oh, cool," I take a drink. "Is anyone else coming?"

    "I haven't asked anyone else," she shakes her head before taking a drink too. 

    The room falls quiet as we sit across from each other with our drinks. Chloe keeps her eyes on the can she's tapping her fingers lightly against.

    Her eyes look so pretty. Wait did I just think that? Who am I kidding? They are pretty. And so is she.

    After we finish our drinks I put the cans in the usual spot and we head to school. After school I practice guitar until I start dinner.

    After Mom says I can go with Chloe after we get my new shoes and we spend the night watching TV on the couch. 

    In the morning Mom and I go to the store to find a pair of sneakers before she goes to work and I sit at home for a while.

    I start playing my guitar for a while before getting cold and putting my hoodie on. Chloe texts me before she leaves her house to pick me up so I quickly use the bathroom before throwing on a beanie, folded at the bottom to fit my head a little better for winter.

    After a few minutes a knock comes from the door and I quickly open the door for Chloe. "Hey," she smiles. She's in jeans and a hoodie similar to my outfit but her hoodie is black with a blue, a flaming guitar pick on her heart and she has a dark purple beanie instead of plain black hoodie and beanie.

    "Hey, I like your hoodie."

    "Thanks, do you want to go now or wait a little? The rink doesn't close for another four hours."