Pet names

It was a few days before the summer solstice and rainbow dash had more clouds to clear. even with her 10 second record it would take her most of the day, keeping this in mind she got to work kicking the clouds.
After about half an hour she heard a friendly voice behind her say "you want some help with the clouds?"
She recognised this voice as her lifelong wonderbolt crush, Soarin. She turned round to see that Soarin was stood of a cloud not very far away. after calculating how long it would take to clear the sky and then how long with soarin helping her in her head she gratefully said yes. soarin made his goofy smile and they got to work.

after 2 hours of solid work the two of them collapsed on the last remaining cloud.
"T-thanks for helping me soarin, I wouldn't of b-been able to do this all b-by myself." Rainbow stammered.
"It's not a problem I had fun, but why are you stammering?" Soarin replied curiously.
"I-I am I hadn't realised," she said jokingly, this time faking the stammer.
"Very funny," he retorted.
Soarins last remark made rainbow giggle and she started to blush uncontrollably. When soarin saw this he started to blush to 'wow does she like me, I need to find out. Time to test Dashie.'
Once they had both got their breath back soarin decided to play a little game with rainbow.
"Hey dashie catch me if you can!" He called
Dashie went bright red as soarin used her pet name but she never declined a challenge. As soarin sped of rainbow gave chase, she soon caught up, being the fasted flier in equestria and all that.
Once she caught up with him she smiled when he saw her flying next to him, he grinned his goofy grin once again. This made rainbow blush a little but this only made soarin happier, he'd noticed that she kept blushing but at first had thought nothing about it.
Rainbow watched him intently, 'what's he thinking about?' Then a thought occurred. She stopped in mid air with a shocked expression on her face. Soarin noticed this and stopped with her.
"What's wrong dashie?" Soarin asked.
"Oh, um, nothing, just thinking about stuff." She lied
'Great going rainbow dash, you know that you're a terrible liar. But does he like me, that would be so awesome'
Her thoughts were cut off by soarin laughing quietly.
"Take you're time dashie." Soarin remarked sarcastically.
"Sorry sor, I guess I was lost in my thoughts." Rainbow relied blushing as soarin used her pet name again but made him blush by using his.
They both started laughing with no real reason.
"Why are we laughing so much?" Questioned rainbow.
"Well I don't know about you but I'm laughing at the mask your'e wearing." Soarin joked.
"Hahaha very funny sor." Giggled rainbow, using his pet name again.