-Uh- Meredith started- we've been talking about the reopening of the ER and the trauma department.

-Oh, yes. Umm...I'm not ready for that just yet.

-If you need more time with the material, we can go ahead...

-No, no, I've read it. It's just that the foundation feels like the ER is not a forgone conclusion- I sighed looking at him- they need a site visit, a chance to look over the numbers. It could be a month before a decision.

-Okay- Arizona spoke up- the foundation knows we plan on getting our Level-I trauma designation back, right?

-They know that's the idea, yeah.

-It's the fact- Callie said.

-I think we should table this until we can bring in Owen- Cristina added- he'll have a lot of thoughts on this, too.

-That's the other thing- we all looked at him- okay...since we are starting fresh, the thought is that new leadership would be good for morale.

I passed my hands all over my face. He was giving me a hard time trying to defend him.

-What, like, uh, chief of surgery?- Cristina asked.

-Firing Owen?- Mer frowned.

-Well, the foundation thinks...

-Your mother- Callie interrupted him.

-The Harper Avery Foundation- he gave her a look.

-Your mother, Avery. Just say it- she talked again and now I gave her a look.

-It's a recommendation- he snapped.

-It's an inappropriate one- Cristina said.

-Oh. Tell your mom that. This is bull...

-Respect, Calliope- I hissed.

-This is going nowhere- Arizona got up- I have a surgery.

The all got up and started to leave.

-You know- Cristina said before leaving- I don't care who's giving you your matching orders, this thing with Owen is not happening.

-Say what you want- he looked at Mer and Cristina- but without the Harper Avery Foundation, non of us are here.

-Okay why don't we just drop it?- I intervened and they both just left. I sighed turning to face Jackson.

-This is a nightmare.

-No, you're making this a nightmare- he frowned offended- you're letting this bring you down. You- I pointed at him- are the boss. You are the one that gets a saying. That decides. Not the Foundation.

-But, the Foundation...

-I don't give a crap about it. And you shouldn't either. They gave you this job without a warning? Take it. But do this your way, not theirs. Or this is never going to work. You are the boss, now accept it and don't let people talk to you like that. Be the Gunther I know you are.

He sighed leaning his back on the chair. I gave him a small smile before leaving for surgery.

...

-Owen quit?- I asked my brother during surgery.

-Yeah- he said and I knew he didn't want to talk about it.

-Oh...Jackson told me about the argument you two had at the lobby- he didn't say anything and I sighed- Derek, we both know you're not mad at Owen for what happened.

He stopped and looked up from the patient's spine to look at me.

-What do you mean?

-You're not pissed at Owen- I repeated- and I think you need to go talk to him because the way you've been treating him is not fair. He might have signed those papers, but he sure as hell would have never put us in that plane if he knew.