Act 21

The stampede crashed into the wooden barricade, the wooden spikes impaling those unlucky enough to fall on them. As the Titan horns began to run towards the drop, Vall shouted with all his might, "NOW!" Suddenly the second crew burst out of hiding and thrust their spears into the lead Titan horn. As the giant gazelle toppled forward, its back legs flailed around in the air, hitting the one behind it. With that a chain reaction started: Titan horns hit each other and began to pile up on the ridge. Eventually there were too many and they began to fall into the waters below. As they tried to regain their footing, more spears stabbed at them. The blue water turned crimson as the blood gushed out of the holes like geysers from the earth.

"Everyone! Keep up the attack!" Kay shouted from above. As Kay flew down to join the aerial onslaught, they all failed to notice Scarface's advance. With every step he took, his pace quickened as the excitement built up and saliva dripped from his mouth.

"We're doing it!" Zenith shouted.

"Again, you're starting to talk like those Boltoccor ravens!" Roc shouted as he drove his spear into the throat of one of the giant animals.

"I really don't think that we should be arguing about this at this exact moment," Zenith retorted.

"You two better stop talking and start concentrating on getting us food!" Zgall shouted as he jammed his spear in the back leg of a Titan horn.

As they argued and the blood continued to run downstream, it entered an underground cavern, its tunnels home to many creatures. One of the drops of blood went down the catacombs and entered a nostril. And just like that, the creature knew what was happening. Its white pigmented body swam towards the entrance of the cave, its milky white eyes only sensing the change in lighting. As the blood circulated in the ancient tunnels, more and more of the cave-dwelling beasts began to swim up toward the surface.

"To your left Moramma!" Vall squawked as she flew up dodging the horns of the gazelle.

"Thanks for warning me."

"It's the least I can do after earlier."

"Don't stop!" Kay shouted. "We almost have what we need."

Some of the Titan horns had finally made it to the other side of the river and over their herd members who had gotten impaled on the second barrier. With this newly discovered path, the herd started to escape, leaving the stragglers behind.

"Only a few more," Kay victoriously cried out. Buthis triumph was quickly snatched away when one of the Titan horns was suddenlydragged underwater. Then another disappeared below the surface. Before Kaycould do anything else, the Titan horn he was closest to was knocked over as alarge white fish crashed into it. Twin sets of razor-sharp teeth drovethemselves into the gazelle. A long and powerful tail thrashed momentarily inthe air. Long white tendrils waved through the fresh air as its white eyesstared back into Kay's. Terror struck him as he saw the Cave dweller, the demonfrom his past had come back to haunt him.