eiffel for you

Tags: romantic

She has always thought, or should she say known, her soulmate would look painfully beautiful standing, the grandest figure of her life, facing one of the grandest places in the world, Paris

She has always thought, or should she say known, her soulmate would look painfully beautiful standing, the grandest figure of her life, facing one of the grandest places in the world, Paris. She had always had this one wish, or dream, maybe, to see her soulmate in all her glory on the Eiffel Tower, just eyes blazing from the city lights. She's always been a romantic, yes. The idea of soulmates has always been of utmost importance to her, the knowing that there's this other half of herself somewhere in the world, living a life like her, or entirely different from her, but once they come together, everything will fall into place.

But watching this girl in front of her, with her hair so impeccably flowing over her shoulders in the wind, briefly exposing her flawless collarbones, her naturally airbrushed skin reflecting off the little source of light available from the skyscape, Lisa's chest clenches and expands. It's not like she's not seen all this before, she has. Countless times, in fact. She's watched this pretty girl grow into this marvellous woman, all the while proud that she got to call her her own best friend. Nobody else got to have her that way, no one. And maybe Lisa is a little possessive that way, but she's found solace in that fact all these years when she's had to sacrifice her time with her best friend for one or both of their social security. She's missed the girl in all those stupid frat parties she was dragged to, but there's always been a relief knowing that her best friend was feeling the same way all the while. It's in the homesick look that stays on her face till she spots Lisa finally after she's waited for fifteen minutes (although it's actually only been two minutes and Lisa knows because she likes watching that 'lost puppy' look for her own selfish reasons on her best friend's face).

"Jennie." Lisa breathes out, shuffling her way to her best friend's side because she just needs to be close to her right now.

Jennie's dark eyes drift and bore into hers and...it's...new. It's like finally coming home, although Lisa isn't really sure how that resonates with the pretty regular situation she's in right now.

"Lisa?" Jennie says, replicating Lisa's own soft tone, perhaps, but Lisa's heart is pounding in her chest because she quite...no screw that, really likes the way Jennie's tongue articulates her name although she's been hearing it without this exact reaction for years.

Everything about this is new but Lisa can't seem to understand why she feels this way. Jennie's been her best friend for nine years now. They've been climbing to the top of this mountain for three years now. She's been seeing Jennie like this for three years now, then. As Lisa's mind and heart race, Jennie's cutely short arms slip into her own and the grip tightens fast as if pulling her back to right now although Lisa already is in the now, just in a more hyper way.

"Hey. You're not allowed to space out right now. We haven't seen each other for a week. I missed you." Jennie says and presses more to her side, making Lisa want to retract in that moment a little.

She gulps instead.

"You're right. Sorry." Lisa says and looks downward, looking down at her sneakers that look incredibly white in the dark of the night.

Jennie doesn't say anything for a beat.

"Did you miss me too?" Jennie asks in a pleading tone, not even trying to hide how insecure she feels right now.

And Lisa wants to —

"Lisa?"

— kiss her.

"Of course I did. I miss you all the time, Jennie. All the time. Always." Lisa says, meeting Jennie's searching eyes, reassuring her with every word that there's nothing to be insecure about.

"We're okay, right? You're with me?" Jennie asks, a little bit of the request dissipating in her voice but there strongly nonetheless.

Lisa's answer comes in warm long arms wrapping around a comparatively petite body. She holds Jennie close, because she can't kiss her right now, and maybe this is the closest thing to a kiss she can afford. She realizes a little late that it's not probably the best thing to do when her heart is going crazy and there's always a chance Jennie can hear it, and she stiffens when she realizes Jennie is. But Jennie doesn't seem fazed about it. She's so at peace with her head against Lisa's chest that for a moment Lisa wonders if it's all an illusion, if her heart really isn't beating fast and has rather matched the tranquility of Jennie's expression.

With Jennie in her arms, like this, she also wonders why she ever dreamt of a Paris when she has everything here right now. Her brain lights with a memory — "stop searching what's right in front of you in faraway places, Lalisa", her grandmother had once said to her.

She closes her eyes and and stays here, and really feels this new feeling. This feeling she's been chasing for as long as she can remember. She smiles at her idiocy, closing her arms even tighter around her best friend, to which the latter doesn't even protest.

"I'm with you. I'll always be with you. I promise." Lisa says, opening her eyes to see a star die for a second and then light up again, kind of like the Universe winking at her.

Lisa is in love with Jennie.

Lisa has always been in love with Jennie.

A/N: What is falling in love exactly like, I wonder? I love that GIF in the beginning too, isn't it just so dreamy? :)))