really, really, really

Tags: horror, (kind of) gorey, fluff

Lisa heaves a sigh, tilting her head to look across the long corridor she's about to take a turn to

Lisa heaves a sigh, tilting her head to look across the long corridor she's about to take a turn to. She squints harshly, trying to see what's on the other side but nothing - darkness engulfs what's in front of her.

"Dammit, Jennie." She mutters under her breath and makes her way forward cautiously and as quietly as possible because she doesn't want the gruesome zombies of this place from before to attack her again.

Halfway through, something flashes from the left and she retracts. She takes an automatic step back in dread of what's to come from this stupid haunted house her best friend has dragged her into. When nothing happens, Lisa moves forward, not turning back because who knows where a skeleton could pop right out of and stare her in the face with its hollow dark orbs, right?

When she's finally where she had intended upon reaching, she raises her eyebrows slightly. Oh, a mirror maze - that's what was flashing. She shakes her head and sighs for the umpteenth time, looking all directions, suddenly discovering figures of her own self being reflected back at her. Damn, this was going to take another fifteen minutes....or more.

Lisa digs her hands into her hoodie pockets and clenches her fists to stop herself from screaming in frustration. For God's sake, she had been here for the past twenty minutes and still not bumped into Jennie. Was her friend even alright? A bit of a scare washes over her and she absently traces her finger on all the mirrors to her sides, subconsciously looking for a way to get out. Where could Jennie be?

There's a sudden boom and a shake of the mirrors around Lisa as she widens her eyes and jerks away to the center, away from the mirrors...that are about to fall on her or something?

"Ouch." A voice cuts in through the faint vibrations of the mirror and Lisa looks to her side to find the culprit rubbing her shoulder.

"Jennie." Lisa calls out as it echoes in the almost empty hallway and Jennie jumps.

"Jesus!" She shouts and then exhales heavily, shoulders relaxing from their previous tense position. "Lis, you scared me." She says, paired with a nervous chuckle and Lisa forgets just for a second how mad she is at Jennie for her having suggested for them to split up and look for each other in the haunted house as fun.

"How fun was that, Jennie?" Lisa asks with a heavy bite to her tone that Jennie picks up on and grimaces.

"Umm...well, you look like you had fun..." Jennie says sheepishly as Lisa closes her eyes, trying to control her frustration.

"For fuck's sake I have been going round and round in circles in this stupid fucking haunted house, looking at ugly fucking paintings and getting allergies from the stupid fucking cobwebs in the corners and a zombie almost tore off my fucking top a while ago and that one skeleton literally had a fucking bloody eaten arm and- " Lisa stops to grit her teeth and sigh, "Does that sound fun?"

Jennie stares at her blankly before suddenly snapping out of it.

"Uh, shit...I...I kind of spaced out...shit. Sorry!" She says quickly, stumbling over her words in an attempt to not piss her best friend off any more.

Lisa inhales deeply.

"You know what? Let's just get out of here and- Yeah actually, let's just fucking get out of here." Lisa says, grabbing Jennie's arm and dragging her through one of the "mirrors".

Damn, thank god they didn't bump into another legit mirror or that would have been kind of anticlimactic.

"Wait, Lisa!" Jennie says and halts fast, making Lisa jerk back, almost tripping backwards.

"Now what?" Lisa asks, looking back only to be met with a hand immediately cupping her right cheek, and before she can comprehend anything else, Jennie's lips press against hers.

Oh, shit.

Jennie moves her lips slowly, carefully on Lisa's, almost tip-toeing to reach the latter's height as she feels Lisa's arms slowly relaxing into a circle around her.

Oh my fucking god.

Jennie can only feel the rush in her veins that really can't be described using any word other than Lisa but it only lasts for so long before Lisa quickly pulls away.

The beat of a second between Lisa pulling away and looking down at her is the most terrifying and slow for Jennie and to make it seem like a blow up, Lisa turns away and sneezes with full-force, making Jennie cower.

Shit, did she just make the biggest mistake of her life?

I could definitely make a run for it right now, Jennie thinks, really considering it when Lisa looks up at her and they both don't say anything for a full ten seconds.

"Uh...what..? Uh.." Lisa drags out and Jennie's palpitating heart races further, if that's only possible.

"I really, really, really like you, Lisa. Always have." Jennie says fast, her head spinning with anticipation of what's to come.

There's no way.

"O-oh?" Lisa studies her carefully for a second. "I really, really, really like you too, Jennie. Have since that one time you held up my hair for me while I puked my insides out, drunk." She says shyly, looking down at a trail of red drops, made to seem like blood.

"You...I..." Jennie says, blinking rapidly, trying to find words, any words. "Okay, we really, really, really like each other."

"Yes, we really, really, really like each other." Lisa says with a cute grin Jennie wants to kiss right now.

"Hope to see you again!" The cheery man with the name-tag Jimin at the counter says and Lisa scoffs under her breath.

"Oh, never." She mutters, Jennie giggling happily, swaying their conjoined hands in the air between them.

She smiles fondly at her...friend? Girlfriend?

"It just suddenly hit me that we confessed to each other in a haunted house out of all places." Lisa says as Jennie's eyes widen.

"Who the hell knew you would like me back? I literally thought you didn't." Jennie says with exasperation.

Lisa laughs. "Even so, why the hell would you choose to confess your feelings in a haunted house?"

"I mean....I thought it held some value since you face your fears in a haunted house. So I thought why the fuck not face this one and just...do it." Jennie says jerking her head.

"Oh...Nike would be so proud." Lisa jokes and Jennie feigns annoyance.

"Shut up now and kiss me." Jennie demands, Lisa's eyes reflecting back her own playfulness.

"Since you're such a supporter of Nike, I think I should just do it." Lisa jokes lamely and before Jennie can protest about her stupid jokes, she kisses her.

A/N: Thank you for the 60 something follows!! Hope this is going good 🥰