For years, I've kept a secret—a secret that I'm about to share with you. I know that this might come as a surprise, and it's possible that some of you might be upset. If that's the case, I'm truly sorry. Please understand that this wasn't a choice made lightly; I've grappled with the timing and the right way to share this news. Ultimately, my son is a part of my life that brings immense happiness, and I'm ready to face whatever comes our way.

We've spent years apart, but recently, I had the opportunity to meet my son for the first time since his birth. That moment was a turning point. It gave me the strength to embrace this significant part of my life and share it with all of you.

I want to extend my sincere apologies if this news catches you off guard or leaves you with mixed feelings. I'm so grateful for the unending support and love you've shown me. As I write this, I'm humbled by the bond we share and the kindness you've consistently extended to me.

Please know that this disclosure doesn't change who I am as an artist or as a person. I'm committed to giving my best in my performances and remaining true to myself. Your support has carried me through every step of my journey, and I promise that won't change.

Thank you for being with me on this rollercoaster of life. Your understanding means the world to me. Let's continue to make memories together, cherishing the moments we've shared and those that are yet to come.

With heartfelt gratitude,
Taemin

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

I reread the letter I had penned several times, my finger hesitating over the "post" button on my social media. With a deep inhale, a surge of nervousness coursed through me. Uncertainty clung to my thoughts; I questioned whether I was making the right choice.

Despite the jitters, I recognized the magnitude of being candid with my fans in this manner. It was a significant stride forward, even if it stirred unease within me.

The weight of how my fans might react weighed heavily on my mind. The whole process was undeniably nerve-wracking, a realm of uncertainty that left me pondering the unknown.

Naturally, I couldn't ignore the concern about how Naeun would take this revelation. Yet, somewhere beneath the apprehension, I held onto a glimmer of hope that sharing this part of my life might pave a path towards reconciliation.

With a final exhale, I summoned my resolve and clicked the "post" button. It was a reminder to myself that this action was about authenticity with my fans. Although my nervousness lingered, a modicum of relief intertwined with the anxiety. I had taken a substantial leap by sharing something crucial, not only for my fans but also for Naeun, in some way.

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

The jarring ring of my phone disrupted the fleeting peace of my evening nap. Snapping awake, I answered the call on reflex, the forceful voice on the other end jolting me fully awake. "What in the world are you thinking?!"

Instinctively, I held the phone slightly away from my ear, a reflexive defense against the waves of anger crashing through the speaker. Her words were a barrage, an onslaught that I had anticipated yet wasn't entirely prepared for. I stayed quiet, allowing her fury to vent, weathering the storm of her emotions.

As the torrent of her words finally waned, I lowered the phone and began speaking softly, a soothing attempt to counter her intensity. "I'm sorry for not discussing this with you first, but I'm tired of keeping this secret, Naeun."

"Tired?" She scoffed incredulously at my use of that word. "Who gave you the right to take such a reckless step? I told you we were doing just fine without you!"

Unspoken beneath her anger was a shared vulnerability, a truth we both acknowledged even as we clung to our separate worlds — neither of us was truly "fine". "It's time for them to acknowledge Yongrae, Naeun. I'm ready to face whatever comes next. I just want them to see him for who he is, so I don't have to live a lie."

"Have you even considered the repercussions of your impulsive actions? Are you intentionally trying to throw him into chaos?" Her mind raced, grappling to comprehend the situation and its potential outcomes.

"I want to protect him, Naeun. How much longer can we carry the burden of secrecy? He's growing, changing, and he deserves the presence of both of us," I tried to explain, my words a gentle reassurance in a sea of unease. "We're his parents."

"But what if they connect the dots? You can't protect us both, Taemin," her voice held a weariness, a hint that she wasn't ready to lift the veil just yet.

Unaware of the depth of her reservations, I persisted, driven by my own longing for honesty. "Then don't let them know you're his mother. Keep that hidden, if you can. I can't continue living this lie. It hurts me to pretend he's just my niece. He's more than that. He's my child."

The line went quiet, and then she abruptly ended the call. Running a hand through my hair, guilt washed over me. Had I been too harsh? An exhaled sigh escaped me, and I headed to the kitchen, the complexity of our situation weighing on my thoughts, tangled like a web I couldn't quite untangle.

+

i've been trying my best to stay active and consistently update this book! i hope everyone is enjoying the read. don't forget to vote and leave comments! knowing that there are still people reading this truly motivates me a lot to keep on writing <33

 don't forget to vote and leave comments! knowing that there are still people reading this truly motivates me a lot to keep on writing <33