〈 chapter 3 〉

✦┈⋆┈⋆┈ ⋞ 〈 3 〉 ⋟ ┈⋆┈⋆┈✦

WITH curiosity killing her to know about his talk with Maryam, Najma quickly walked towards her and peered, "Did he leave?."

Her adrenaline spiked looking at Maryam's glazed expression, as she entered the house.

"Yes," Maryam replied with a stolid face.

"What did he say?" She asked in concern.

"Marry"

Najma quickly looked behind to make sure what she just heard.

"What?" She questioned Alizeh, who had the same expression Maryam had; blank..

"He asked her to marry for his deal with a company,"Alizeh replied with a dead face.

--------------------------------------------------

"How can you do this Shamsher? I promised her mother to fulfil her dreams" Najma gritted, throwing down a file her husband had asked to bring. That is what brought attention to the middle aged man who was brutally ignoring the words his wife was rambling on.

He briefly looked at his wife and then the file. Chills went down her spine by the glare he sent, she slowly kneeled down, picked up the file and kept it on the table.

"Now, don't you dare utter a single word, woman." Shamsher threatened as he scowled at his wife.

" Do what I say or die. I don't care about any of your freaking promises. Besides I have searched about the man, he is a good young man" he coldly replied, staring at file and then noticed his wife, her nose flaring, fist curled ; she gave him bloodshot eyes with tears present in the corners.

"OK I will freaking die but not let her marry !!" She scowled and stomped out of the room.

------------------------------------------------

"Young man??? He is a freaking old man Ammi! I have seen him" Alizeh growled pacing back and forth around the room.

"Don't say me you are going to accept it Maryam" she said, giving a quivering laugh

Maryam's blurry gaze slowly wandered to her. Her voice became sore as words weren't ready to come out. Her head started to ache and chest started to feel heavy, either way she had to sacrifice. Marry him and sacrifice dreams or die in guilt if he gets Alizeh married to him.

"I don't know" She finally spoke in a croaked voice, shaking her head left to right.

She had only 2 days for her exam and god was testing her at the time like this. "Why me? ; everytime" she questioned her god and coughed hard to hide her tears from the two presence in the room.

Alizeh sighed and sat down wiping the tears formed at the corner of her eyes. 

"Don't worry you two, I will die but I will never let my precious girls marry without consent" She consoled the girls as they looked up in hope.