Chapter 26

"Boss", I hear voices echo through the room

"Alias, Luna, took you long enough", I say turning my head towards the door.

It's nice to see them, it been a while.

"Sorry boss, this idiot doesn't know how to drive", Luna smiles while Alias glares at her.

"Okay I'll be back", I announce to Blaze as I pull out my flask and take a sip. The Italians looked mad, especially Azar.

This guy has a problem.

I walk out of the room with the twins close behind me.

"Luna I want you to deal with the whole blowout in Spain, tell everyone I want nothing to happen without me being present. I'll be back tonight, so I want you to hold a meeting for when I land. Alias find me whoever is responsible for last night's events. I need the information before I leave", I finish looking between the twins.

I don't even think they can handle this, maybe I should just do this myself.

"On it", Luna says seriously while going down the stairs. She knows how many things are out of control right now and it does help.

"I'm so sorry", Alias whispers putting a hand on my shoulder and giving me a reassuring squeeze before following behind Luna.

I take a big gulp.

I need something stronger.

I walk back into the room, "Anything else", I ask in a bored tone. I need to check in with the trio.

"Yeah, actually", Bently stands up walking over to me.

I stare into his eyes as he attempts to glare at me.

I raise an eyebrow at his little show, do they think I want to be here.

"Do you want a hug", he asks in a soft voice with big eyes. I look at the rest of the brothers who look just as confused as I am.

A hug. What am I doing to show I want a hug. Is this kid drunk? Oh wait, I am.

"What the fuck did you just say", I reply in a calm voice while tilting my head.

"Well I know after yesterday, it must be hard and you don't have to be strong. We're your brothers and we're here for you. I just want you to know that it wasn't your fault", he gives me a half-smile showing he was proud of his words.

To think I couldn't hate him more.

His brothers look at him with wide eyes, before they could say anything I interrupt.

"Brothers? Where were these brothers when I needed them? Hiding in mommy and daddy's mansions like the little bitches they are. It's not my fault, it's your fault. Your stupid ball, your trash security, and your slow-ass doctor. If you didn't call me, I would have been there, nothing would have happened. You guys should have left me alone, I was happy and you ruined it. Next time I would be careful about what comes out of that mouth of yours, or I won't be so nice", I spit, letting what's on my mind come out. He takes a step back from me afraid of my next move.

Good.

I know he didn't have a bad intention, but them playing this nice act is all fake. They want to see me fall like the rest of them.

You can't kill someone who's already dead.

The brothers all step in front of him protectively. How nice would it be to have people fight your battles for you?

"Sage, that is your older brother, you can't speak to him or any of us that way", Enzo points an accusing finger at me while giving me a look of disappointment.

I pull out my gun and point it towards his head.

"You Italians are really testing my patience today. Get this in your head, I am not your Sage and you are no brothers of mine", I make the brothers gulp. Ezra and Azar quickly compose themselves and pull out their guns and point then to my head. Ezra looked guilty while Azar had his signature angry look plastered on his face. Enzo and Bently look at their brothers with wide eyes.

What surprises me most is that Blaze comes and stands in front of me.

"What", I snap at his stupidity. What if one of us shot?

"Please, stop this let's just talk", he pleads putting his hands up in surrender.

"Blaze get your ass back here right now", Ezra yells in a tone I hadn't heard from him yet.

"What makes you think I won't shoot you" I put my finger on the trigger careful not to press it. Of course, I wasn't going to shoot. I can somewhat stand being around him, it's no good if he's dead.

"I don't, but it's better me than them", he smiles through his shaky voice.

This kid is weird.

I tuck my gun into my pants and take a seat in the spot I sat in before, "You coming", I ask the brothers who stood frozen.

Blaze walked over first taking a seat and slowly everyone else joined him, going back to their original spots.

Ezra clears his throat bringing attention to him, "So the body", he says sympathetically.

I don't know what to think about this.

"What about it", I act like I don't care.

"What do you want us to do about it", Azar asks interlocking his hands on the table, intrigued by my answer.

"I'm going back to Spain today, so I guess ship it there. His brother can decide what he wants to do", I shrug.

The first thing I am going to do is run a few tests. As much as I know he's dead, in the back of my mind I have a little bit of pathetic hope that it wasn't him. My love could still be alive.

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

My phone starts to ring. What now.

I pull out my phone as the brothers silently watch. I go to decline it, but then I see John's name. I quickly answer, holding the phone to my ear.

"Sage, it's me and Maze, we can't find Matteo", John says in a panicky voice.

Fuck.

Did you like this chapter?

Remember to vote and comment.