Chapter 17

I spend the morning with Rico, enjoying his company and having fun

I spend the morning with Rico, enjoying his company and having fun. I had fun. We went around the city sightseeing and making fun of tourists. Fucking tourists. We even got some work done, which was surprising. Rico even convinced me that "we shouldn't lose a whole morning of work, we're the dream team", I agree, but he needs to take a day off. He's becoming too much of a workaholic and I don't want the mafia to consume him.

Now we're meeting the five for lunch because they have been blasting my phone wanting answers. I know I should have an answer for everything, but that won't stop me from doing everything in my power to make everyone forget.

We found this pizzeria that's food smelt so good, I literally strolled in here leaving Rico behind, but soon the smell got to him and he was right beside me. I don't know if the food is even that good or because we haven't eaten anything since yesterday at noon. 

I insisted I book the whole place, but Rico said we need 'social interaction'. I like him, but sometimes he's a bitch.

You don't like him, get that in your head because he will never like you. 

"Rico, tell them to hurry the fuck up, I need water", I whine, putting my forehead on the table. 

He turns towards me, laughing at my complaint, "We ordered less than a minute ago and our friends aren't even here yet."

"They're no friends of mine if they're late", I grumble. Who said I have to wait for anyone? I mean I wouldn't, except for John, he's special.

Rico lets out a breath, "I have a question for you." His voice seems nervous, what if he's like "Sage I'm prego" and then I'm like "but you a dude", and then- Okay let's stop this.

I raise my head, "And I might have an answer for you", I place my elbow on the table and rest my head in the palm of my hand. Rico copy my actions from beside me, so we're parallel to each other.

I awkwardly stare at him until he decides to say something, "Willyoubemydatetotheballtonight."

?

"Idon'tknowwhatyoujustsaid", I copy his pace making a blush come to his face.

He drops his head, "I asked you if you wanted to be my date tonight."

He wants to go with me. Anyone would be on their knees for this man and he wants to go with me. Maybe he is a dumbass. I wanna make him sweat a little, I shouldn't give in so easily. 

"I'm okay, but thanks for asking", I say in a blunt tone. His smile drops, he actually looks like he might cry. I was so close to bursting out laughing when a waiter came and gave me my drink.

"Here you go, is there anything else I can get you", the waiter sets down the glass, completely ignoring Rico.

Water. Refreshing.

"Your number would be nice", I wink at the waiter, making him grin.

From the corner of my eye, I watch as Rico's sadness turns into anger. He was about to get up and leave when I grabbed his hand stopping him.