Chapter 12

Finally, I'm home!

Finally, I'm home!

I forgot how much I enjoy running in the nighttime. It's a lot more tiring, but I'll be fine. I'm normally not this out of shape, but that McDonald's is really killing me today.

I get out of the elevator and walk into the apartment. 

The lights are off. I guess everyone went to Rico's. It's not a bad thing, they'll be safer together especially now that a bunch of nobodies are after them. Everything will be back to normal by tomorrow. 

I turn on the lights, grab a glass of water from my kitchen, chugging it down. 

I see the prints of blood over the apartment. I see blood every day, but I hate the feeling of bringing it home. My hands there covered in blood, reminding me of what I do. Killing after, killing. I should feel sadness, humanity, but I don't. 

Then why would you cower over some blood?

I gather myself together, putting the glass into the sink. I go to my room and wash everything away.

Who freaks out over some blood?

Get over yourself.

I need a drink.

I go to turn off the kitchen lights and see four idiots spread around my living room couch. How did I not notice them?

What if an attacker was there?

So foolish.

John's laying with the blanket barely covering him, while leaning on the armrest. Maze and Matteo sit laying their heads against each other, using their arms to keep warm even though they are sharing a blanket. Rico sits layed back on the couch with his arms crossed and his phone tightly in his hand's grip. I guess he was trying to figure what was going on, I'll tell him tomorrow when he wakes up and is cooled down. Even though angry Rico is fucking sexy.

I turn off the lights before fixing the blankets on them, trying to cover them up. The apartment is always cold, I don't like the warmth.

I give each of them a kiss on the forehead.

John my brother. My baby. The only part of who I was, left.

Maze my sister. Always by my side, even through the wrong.

Matteo my best friend. Please don't leave me. 

Rico my...someone special. My someone that became my family. 

The only reasons why I'm alive.

I'm about to walk away when I feel a grasp on my wrist and pulling me on top of them.

"Rico, what the hell", I whisper to him, knowing that I am straddling him. I can't see anything because I was stupid and turned off the lights, but I can feel everything.