"And she's not that small ... a baby like Boris? Boris is boring and dump, never understands me when we're playing," she said, insulting the poor child.

"That's not nice to say," I warned her. "I'm sorry, mommy, but it's the truth," she shrugged, muttering the last part, but I still heard it, before she looked at me curiously, "and? Is she old like me?"

"Yeah baby, she's the same age as you," I told her with a sigh. "This will be so much fun!" she chirped excitedly, clapping her hands.

"It'll," I joined her happiness, tapping her nose with my index finger before picking her from the counter and carrying her inside.

Putting her on the bed and took her clothes out of the luggage.

"Our clothes arrived," I said as I approached the bed and helped her change. "Now I can look really pretty for daddy!" she said as I changed her.

"Yeah," I agreed, having no strength to tell her not to give a shit what her father would think of her in a kid-friendly way.

Then, I took a few clothes out of my luggage and changed in the bathroom as I didn't want her to see the rest of my body and get worried again.

When I was done, I left the bathroom, seeing her look at herself in the mirror, too eager to look perfect for a certain asshole.

Smiling, I approached her before taking her in my arms, giving her a big kiss on the cheek and carrying her downstairs to the dining room.

As we entered the dining room, I saw him sitting at the table. "Good morning, daddy," she said happily as she saw him. "Morning," he muttered, sounding a little grumpy.

I didn't know what crawled up his ass and died, but I hoped he wouldn't let his grumpiness out on my daughter as she started babbling about how excited she was to go to his friend's house while a maid was serving us food.

"And look, dad, I wore my favorite dress. Do you think I look pretty? And mom said your friend has a daughter too. What's her name, dad? Do you think she'll like me? Will she play with me? Does she want to share her toys with me? And—"

"Baby," I cut her off, causing her to stop babbling to Raphael and look at me, "I think your father has a headache. Why don't you talk to him a little later?"

She turned to him with a frown, asking, "Really, daddy? Do you want me to kiss you—"

She stopped speaking as he suddenly smacked his palm on the table, shaking the objects on the table.

His sudden outburst even startled me, as I did not expect him to behave that way in front of Zia, who looked at him with wide, frightened eyes as she had never seen or witnessed violence before.

"For God's sake! Turn it off!" he hissed angrily. I looked at him calmly in order not to upset him more, before turning to Zia, who was frozen in her seat staring at Raphael.

Getting up from my seat, I leaned over the table to pick her up, stretching my arms towards her.

"Come here baby," I said, which she gladly did. Then, I leaned back in my seat with her on my lap before Raphael sighed in annoyance, got up from his seat and stormed out of the room.

Watching her father leave, she hugged me tightly. As she was out of sight, she asked me with glossy eyes, her upper lip quivering, "Did I say something wrong, mom?"

"No, baby," I said, wiping her tears with my thumb that rolled down her rosy cheeks, "you have done nothing wrong."

"Then, why did he yell and get angry?" she asked me with a frown. The answer was clear, he was an asshole.