𝑹𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒆|𝑺𝒄𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Results

Warning this genre wasn't fully judged by two judges.

𝟙𝟘. Underthal by cathryn3kalaitzaki 

Judge -inxoka- 

Engagement 3/20

Concept 3/10

Cover 5/10

The book description 3/10

Technicalities 11/50

Total 25/100

Judge MikeMacColin

Engagement 2/20

The characters lacked depth and leave no room for emotional investment. Everything is described in an uninterested, matter-of-fact way like "And then this happened, and then that happened."

Concept 2/10

There are hints of some sort of dystopian society, but right now this could as well be living in modern-day slums or anything and doesn't feel like the book in the right genre. The only thing hinting at something out of the ordinary is the female stranger suddenly throwing fireballs at the mini-market.

Cover 4/10

The color scheme might indicate some sort of cyberpunk environment, but that is not the case here. The person on the cover does match the impression of the main protagonist given in the first chapters.

The book description 4/10

Lacks any distinctive sci-fi elements. The description is kind of vague, questions are not intriguing.

Technicalities 10/50

Some spelling mistakes. The author warned about them since she is not a native speaker. I have no sense of direction or location in this entire story. Locations change without proper intercourse, and within the short paragraphs of one chapter, there are several switches in location and one in the date that seems so "by the way" that it might even go unnoticed. The narration lacks structure and pacing.

Total 22/100

Total from both judges 47/200

︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾︾

𝟡. The Reneged by RhiiDaniel

Judge MikeMacColin  

Engagement 5/20

The story drags at times, hard to follow due to the inserts of the protagonist's psyche. In chapter 5 the story picks up the pace a bit.

Concept 4/10

A mix of apocalyptic and dystopian scenarios. Setting it in London is a nice touch. The tags however state already that this is greatly inspired by Hunger Games and Divergent stories, so it feels really familiar.