Chapter 2

•Lana's POV•

I woke up by the sun's light on my face. I sat up and groaned, I have work today, but it's a good think that teens only work until the early afternoon. Right now, it should be around 8 A.M. and I have to leave before 9.

I get up to change into a blue moon t-shirt and jeans. I decided to tie my hair into a pony tail before I meet up with Sylvia.

I walk to her house to pick her up like I always do before going to work. While I walked, I notice something different about this element. Everyone was quiet and looked depressed... It must be the 'Don't cross the border' thing.

Once I arrived at Sylvia's house, I knocked on her door. I waited for a few moments, then Sylvia finally opens the door.

"Hey Sylvia! It doesn't really take you this long to get ready." I said to her.

"I know. I was trying to make my mom feel better because her best friend in the whole wide world, as she keeps on saying, was on Air and she misses her so much." Sylvia explains.

"Oh, ok..."

Once we arrived at the building, there were also guards. What in the whole wide Elemental world is going on?!

"What are you kids doing here?" One of the guards asked.

"We work here." I answered.

"Well, no teens are allowed to work here anymore." The guard said. "You girls go to the wheel."

"WHAT?!" We both yelled at the same time.

If you don't know what 'The Wheel' is, it's where there are a bunch of giant wheels, two people per wheel go inside like a giant hamster and walk or run at a normal speed. 'The Wheel' helps create the clouds. It's dangerous than it sounds... I mean, I heard some people say that a few people got their bodies separated from the pinwheel next to it. *Shivers*

"You heard me, now go!" Yelled the guard.

We start walking towards the river, where the wheels are.

Once we arrived, some teens already started working. We looked for an empty wheel and there was only one more left, the fast wheel... The one no one wants to go, because that's where most people died!

Sylvia let's me go next to the pinwheel. Well, I'm gonna die today.

We got on the fast wheel and we walked on our normal pace and try not to make it too fast so we won't reach to the top and fall off.

"This sucks." I say breaking the silence.

"I know, and we just had to get the death wheel." Sylvia says angry.

Yes, we call it the death wheel... because, I already told you why.

Then I felt the wheel spinning faster.

"Oh no..." I say to myself.

"Here we go! Hope we don't die!" Sylvia says worried.

We try to slow down the speed, but it didn't help. The wheel just got faster little by little. Then I tripped on a bump and I felt myself going higher.

"Oh man, Lana!" I hear Sylvia yell.

Once I got to the top, I was falling down!

Well, goodbye world!

A/N:

Well, that escalated quickly! Maybe... Maybe not... 😏 see ya later! Bye!