Part 4

Jungkook left his apartment and went to the garden where he and his grandpa went to pick their flower of the year to pick out some purple hyacinths which are most commonly used to symbolize regret. A bouquet of purple hyacinth expresses the bearer's sadness over a situation and asks for forgiveness.

And can you guess why he was picking out these flowers? I think everyone who has a brain knows why...

Once Jungkook felt he had enough he wrapped a pretty pink ribbon around the bouquet of flowers and headed to Jimin's apartment where he would confess his love for him but first tell him how sorry he was.

*knock* *knock*

Jungkook knocked on Jimin's door, waiting nervously for Jimin to open the door and shut it in his face again, after all, he does deserve that. The door opened, revealing a smiling Jimin but that happy expression quickly fell once his gaze fell upon Jungkook standing at his doorstep. "Jungkook?"

"Before you shut the door on me I want to say I'm sorry. I should have never run out on you like that. I was just not thinking straight and even if I wasn't I still should have never left you. I never thought about the fact that you were in pain too and that kills me inside for only thinking about myself at the time and not comforting you as you did to me. I wish I could turn back the clock and fall back to sleep in your arms but I can't and I'm gonna have to cope with that. I understand if you can't forgive me because I wouldn't forgive myself either if I was you, I just hope that I didn't leave a hole in your heart as I did to myself when I stepped out that door that night. If there was a bigger word for sorry I would have said it by now but the only thing I can say is that I'm so sorry. I love you, Jimin, more than a friend and I have for a very long time." Jungkook began but ended up sobbing at the end, begging on his knees for the forgiveness that he wanted from this beautiful man.

"Oh, Jungkook. I'm not mad at you, I'm just glad that you came back to me." Jimin started to cry before pulling Jungkook into a tight embrace, taking in the amazing scent of mint the other gave off. He missed this...missed Jungkook, missed hugging him, missed cuddling him, just missed all of him.

"So you don't hate me?" Jungkook looked up while he sniffled, his eyes were puffy from all the crying he's done today.

"No, Kookie. And I love you too, more than a friend and always have." Jimin smiled warmly, his eyes just as puffy as Jungkooks were when he opened the door. "Let's go inside," Jimin suggested after a moment of silence and Jungkook quickly agreed. They walked into the apartment, Jungkook looking around to see if anything has changed since he left but nothing seemed to be different.

Jungkook's eyes caught the bouquet of roses on the center of Jimin's dinner table, reminding him of the flowers in his hand. "Jimin, these are for you," Jungkook said as he handed the purple hyacinths to Jimin.

"Oh they're lovely, I'll take care of them later, right now I want to spend time with you." Jimin smiled as he walked past Jungkook to place the flowers on the table next to the vase of red roses.

"Where did you get those roses?" Jungkook suddenly asked making Jimin turn to look at him with a raised brow.

"My family came over the other day and gave them to me," Jimin replied simply.

"The red rose symbolizes deep emotions and desires," Jungkook said, a deep red blush covering his cheeks.

[Authors note]
What do you think will happen next? 👀