Part 3

~3 weeks later~

It's almost been a month since Jungkook's grandpa died and when he ran away from Jimin...

He had been grieving, crying, regretting what he did to both his grandpa and Jimin. He never thought about the fact that Jimin was probably hurting just as much as he was, holding in the tears just for his happiness. Who would do that for someone? Jimin, that's who, and Jungkook ran away, fucking ran away! He ran away from someone his heart yearned for and that broke him even more and he wanted to fix what he broke but every time he thinks about going to Jimin, he thinks "Jimin would never want to see me again, not after what I did."

He was almost 100 percent sure that he broke Jimin, broke him to pieces and he wanted to fix it but didn't know how to. He's never gonna want me back, I fucking screwed up." Jungkook blamed himself, his back laying against his lonely bed, so badly missing Jimin's touches, smooth voice, and body warmth. There were times when all Jungkook wanted to do was walk to Jimin's house, knock on the door and walk in as nothing happened, snuggled until they fell asleep in each other's arms but he couldn't gather up enough courage to do or say something.

Jungkook then glanced over at the unopened letter sitting on his desk from his deceased grandfather, contemplating whether he should finally open it after a month of ignoring it or to just burn it without even knowing what words were behind the envelope.

"Would grandpa want you to do that?"

The voice that has been bothering Jungkook since he ran away from Jimin asked, making Jungkook groan In frustration, grabbing it and opening it finally.

"Dear Jungkook, if you are reading this I am now officially dead. Unfortunately, I can't change the past no matter how much I want to and I hope you can understand that. You were the only thing I was living for after your grandmother had died. I didn't know what to do, but you showed me that you don't always have to live in the past but to live in the present and love as much as you possibly can. After I let go I felt like a million pounds was lifted off my weak heart and when I did my daughter had you and then I found a new thing to love. I let go, Jungkook and you should do the same because I know how much pain you are in and I wish I was there to help you through it. At least I can rest in peace knowing you have Jimin and don't say what do you mean? Because we both know that there is a lot more blossoming between you two than you think, I can see it every time I catch you staring at him while he laughs or talks to people other than you, you just need to admit it to yourself. I hope that you can finally let go and see that there is much more to life than pain, I love you and never forget that. Now go get your man and give me some grandkids, I'll be watching over you, I'll be watching you walk down the aisle and I'll be watching your family grow happily together.
-sincerely, grandpa~

Jungkook's hands that we're holding the paper dropped down to his lap as tears fell and slowly soaked the paper. His grandpa was right, he couldn't live in the past anymore, he needed to live in the present and love the people close to him until it was his time to leave the world and that was exactly what he was going to do.

[Authors note]
Um things are starting to get better hehe 😭