Sixteen

We arrived at the hospital 10 minutes later. We ran inside and were immediately rushed into a room to begin the birthing process.

My baby girl was born on January 5 of 1986 In Hawkins, Indiana. Steve stayed with me the entire time and even held my hand. Soon after my daughter was born I was allowed to get visitors. Robin came in first. "What are you going to name her?" She asked. "I like the name Heather," I said. "That's a beautiful name, love" Steve said, walking back in from getting me coffee. "Heather Hargrove," He said, dramatically waving his hands.  "Actually I was thinking Heather Harrington," I said. His face dropped. "You're serious? Really?" He asked. I nodded. "Yup," I smiled. Robin looked back and forth between us. "You guys are soulmates,  can't convince me otherwise." I laughed at her and kissed the top of Heather's head. "I'm making you the official father of Heather,  Harrington," I said. He ran up to my bed and kissed me passionately. "I am so in love with you," he said. "Really?" I asked. "Yes, I have been since the day we met," "it's true, and at the video store he never stops talking about you," she laughed, patting his back. "Do we have a name?" The nurse asked, "Yes, Heather Harrington," I said confidently. Steve pecked me on the lips and backed away.

234 words