one

Your Pov
I wake up just like every morning and get out of bed.  I head to the bathroom to shower and get dressed.

I sigh as I put my hair up into two little buns.  I really hated my uniform, why a sailor.  I looked in the mirror and bit back tears.  I didn't have the mental strength right now to put on makeup. 

I walk out of my room to see Susan walking towards me.  "Morning, Billy will drive you to work today," she says in a monotone voice, i can tell that she's also getting tired of waking up.  I nod silently as I walk to the kitchen.

Yep, you guessed it, I'm a Hargrove.  I look to the couch and see my dad passed out on the couch, drunk.  The smell of alchohol lingered in the air, stinging my nose.  Billy walked out of the room and glared at me.  "Bike to work you bitch," he spat, pushing me into the corner of the counter and I grimace in pain as it stabs me.

I go outside and hop on my bike.  It takes me half an hour to bike there, leaving me ten minutes until opening.  I park my bike outside and walk in.  I jogged over to the ice cream shop.

  "Hey," I said breathlessly.  "Hargrove! You made it!" Steve says sarcastically. "What took you so long?" I looked at him. "I biked here," I said, still trying to catch my breath.  "I could have given you a ride!" He exclaimed, concerned.  "It was just for today, Billy was just being an ass," I explain and he nods.

  Robin arrives shortly after.  "Hey!" She chirped.  "Sorry, traffic," she laughed.  I nodded and leaned against the counter.  I groan in pain, remebering how the counter cut me.  "You good (Y/N)?" Steve questions.  I nod and hold my back.  The three of us sit around and talk until we hear a bell ring.  "I swear if it's Sinclair and her little gang i'm going to," I move my arm from the left of my neck to the right signaling death. 

Robin comes back in and sighs, "Alright lovebirds enough chatting it's Sinclair and I handled her yesterday so it's your turn Harrington," She says.  "I swear if you call me and Steve lovebirds one more time I-" "-Lovebirds," She teases and I pretend to impale myself with a spork.  The bell dings again and Steve takes that as his cue to leave.

"You ready with that board?" I ask her as I see two teen girls walking up.  "Yep," She says, popping the 'p' and grabbing a dry erase marker.  "Ooh Purdue fancy," I hear Steve say and I giggle.  "Hey quiet back there," He scolds, causing me and Robin to laugh harder.  I watch him get rejected and poke his side as he walks towards the window. "You are oh for six popeye," Robin says. "Yeah I can count," He replies. "You know that means you suck," She continues.  "Yeah, I can read too," He responds, clearly annoyed.  "Since when?" I tease, grinning from ear to ear.   That seems to make him perk up a bit.  "It's this stupid hat, It's totally blowing my best feature," "Yeah, company policy is a real drag," Robin finishes.  "Hey Steve, 12:00!" I whisper shout.  He bites his lip and looks behind him.  "Alright I'm going in," he announces.  "And you know what, screw company policy," he flings his hat into the back room.  "Oh my god you're a whole new man!" I joke.  "I know, ooh," he says, shimmying his shoulders a bit.  He turns around.  "Ahoy ladies!  Didn't see you there! Would you like to sail this ocean of flavor with me, I'll be your captain, I'm steve Harrington,"  I stifle my laughs as Robin silently puts another tally under 'you suck'.

650 Words