Six

We hop down after the russian men leave.  We slide the container under the door and slide out, the kids going first and Steve going last.   The vile begins to crack and my breath hitches.  Thankfully Steve gets out before it breaks. 

We begin walking and my back begins hurting like a bitch.  I grabbed at it and accidentally squeezed my scratch from this morning's counter stab. I whimper in pain. Steve turns around faster than the speed of light.  "You okay?" He asked. I nodded my head weakly and decided to blame it on lack of sleep. "Yeah, just tired" I told him.  He silently walked over to me and picked me up. "Hey! Put me down!" I squealed. He laughed and spun me around. I threw my head back laughing as he continued to spin.  He started lowering me and I looked down too soon.  Our lips connected. His eyes widened, and I suspect mine did the same. We broke apart, "I-I uh.." He started. I got down and ran to catch up with Robin and the others. Robin leaned over to me and whispered, "Don't think I didn't see that," A bright red blush covered my cheeks. "It was on accident," I whispered back. A few seconds later Steve starts walking beside Robin.  She whispers something in his ear and he nods. They then begin to get deep in conversation.  My eyesight goes blurry, my head starts spinning and hurting.  Silently sobbing I leaned against the wall and sat down.  They didn't seem to notice. My heart seemed to be caught in my throat.  I was having a panic attack.

My body seemed frozen, I couldn't move,  speak, and I could barely breathe. I looked from side to side, my vision was getting worse.  I was finally able to choke out and small Yelp, before I heard running. "(Y/N)!" I heard Robin's voice shout. "She's having a panic attack," I hear Dustin say.  "S-steve" I say quietly.  "Harrington come here, she wants you!" Robin yells. "Coming," I feel him put his hands on my shoulders. "Breathe in and out, in and out," he says quietly,  I do as he asks. He plants a kiss on my forehead and my vision starts clearing.  Soon I have fully regained my vision and I begin to be able to move.  I start taking deep breaths. "Hey, hey, hey, your okay, I'm here," Steve tells me. He stands up and extends his hand.  I grab it gratefully. "Here, get on my back," I do as he says and soon he is giving me a piggy back ride.

441 words