[A Cruel Game]

Loki's POV:

Thor and Tony exchange glances, their unspoken communication weighing heavy in the air as they deliberate whether to include me in their search.

"Chain me up, I don't care. Just let me help you guys look for her," I insist, my desperation veiled behind a facade of stoicism. They may doubt my intentions, but they cannot deny my genuine concern for her well-being.

Tony breaks the tense silence. "Okay, fine. We could always use the extra help. We leave first thing in the morning." His reluctant acquiescence offers a glimmer of hope amidst the bleak uncertainty of Liz's disappearance. With that, they exit the room, sealing my fate behind them as they lock the doors once more.

Elizabeth's POV:

The weight of exhaustion presses down on me, yet sleep eludes me. Anxiety coils tightly around my chest, fueling the churn of thoughts in my mind. Lost in the darkness of my captivity, I am gripped by fear and uncertainty. How long have I been here? Where am I? Questions swirl relentlessly, each one adding to the suffocating sense of dread.

The sound of the door unlocking shatters the oppressive silence, flooding the room with light as it swings open. Through narrowed eyes, I discern the silhouette of a man holding a lantern, his presence both familiar and unsettling.

"Hello, Elizabeth Stark," he greets, his voice sending shivers down my spine. "Glad to see you're awake."

"Who are you, and why am I here?" I manage to rasp out, my parched throat protesting with each word.

He chuckles, a sound dripping with malice, as he crouches down, illuminating the room with the lantern's glow. Recognition dawns as I realize the identity of my captor.

"Aldrich? But... why?" My voice trembles with a mixture of disbelief and fear.

"I'm glad to see that you remember me," Aldrich begins, his voice dripping with sinister satisfaction. "Don't worry, I'll indulge your curiosity. You see, your father and I have a history, one that culminated in his insolence on live television. His words wounded my pride, Elizabeth, and I intend to repay him in kind. What better way to exact my revenge than by snatching his precious daughter?" His laughter echoes through the room, each sinister chuckle sending shivers down my spine.

"That doesn't give you the right to kidnap me! What the hell is wrong with you?" I snap, frustration and fear bubbling to the surface. I pull at my chains, desperation lending strength to my efforts. "Get me out of here!" I demand, my voice tinged with desperation.

Aldrich's smile widens, a cruel glint in his eyes. "I'm sorry, I can't do that."

I take a deep breath, struggling to rein in my rising panic. "How long have I been here?" I inquire, my voice trembling with uncertainty.

"About 10 hours," he answers casually, his indifference to my plight chilling. "Don't worry, none of your fellow Avengers have any idea where you are," he adds, his tone laced with malicious amusement. With a mocking gesture, he offers me a small water bottle, a cruel reminder of my captivity. "This is all the water you get for a while, so make sure you savor it," he taunts before turning to leave.

Before he disappears into the darkness, I summon the courage to voice one last question, my voice tinged with apprehension. "What are you planning to do with me?" I ask, my heart pounding in my chest.

Aldrich turns back to me, his smile sending a shiver down my spine. "I guess you're just going to have to wait and see," he replies cryptically before vanishing, leaving me alone in the oppressive silence of my prison.